a) Shamva Agricultural College
b) Plant Quarantine Services Institute, Mazowe
c) Cotton Research Institute, Kadoma
d) Coffee Research Institute, Chipinge
e) Chiredzi Research Institute, Chiredzi
f) Makoholi Research Institute, Masvingo
g) Grasslands Research Institute, Marondera
h) Matopos Research Institute, Matobo
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs and coordinates farm activities such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, and recordkeeping.
2. Supervise farm staff.
3. Record information, supervise and monitor production trends
4. Oversee both crop and livestock conditions
5. Prepare financial and operational reports
6. Inspect equipment to ensure proper functioning and maintenance.
7. Prepare requests for the purchase of farm machinery, equipment, and supplies.
8. Implement participatory trials and demonstrations for student practicals
9. Record history of pests and diseases that affect the college farm and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
• Diploma/Degree in Agriculture
• Good leadership skills
• Be willing travel extensively.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Computer literacy.
• Good analytical skills
A. Applications must contain the following information and must be submitted through the applicant’s Head of Department and Head of Ministry for onward submission in triplicate to the Commission:-
1. Full names (surname first) 2. E.C. No.
3. Date and place of birth
4. Date of appointment to the service
5. Present department
6. Present grade and date of appointment thereto
7. Salary (excluding allowances) and date from which it was first received.
8. Relevant qualifications and experience.
9. Relevant vacancy announcement and reference number
B. Applications must be accompanied by performance appraisal reports for the last full cycle. A detailed C.V. with contact details and copies of national I.D. card, birth certificate and qualifications should be attached to the application. The C.V. must contain the following details -:
1. Full names
2. Date and place of birth
3. Full residential address
4. Present Ministry
5. Present grade and date of appointment thereto
6. Work experience
C. Please be advised that all applications should be submitted to the Public Service Commission in triplicate through Head of Ministry. Applications that do not comply with the above requirements will not be processed.
N.B Eligible female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Created: October 11, 2018
Category: Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental
Expiry Date: Oct. 22, 2018