Crop And Livestock Extension Supervisor x 282
Reporting to: District Crops And Livestock
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare Area Agricultural Plans for submission to the District Crop and Livestock Production Officer.
• Supervise Agricultural Extension Workers within a defined area of jurisdiction.
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of cropping and livestock production programmes at Ward Level.
• Coordinate agricultural implements distribution.
• Identify training needs for Agricultural Extension Workers and make recommendations to the Head of District.
• Organize refresher courses and training of extension staff.
• Develop farmer training and exhibitions programs.
• Produce routine consolidated District monthly reports.
• Assist in the development of appropriate land/farm management practices and tools.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
• Diploma in Agriculture
• BSc Degree in Agriculture is an added advantage.
• At least 2 years experience in as a Principal Agricultural Extension Worker or equivalent grade
• Exceptional people skills
• Be willing travel extensively.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
• Computer literacy.
• A fairly strong flair for figures.
• Strong research background and good analytical skills.
A. Applications must contain the following information and must be submitted through the applicant’s Head of Department and Head of Ministry for onward submission in triplicate to the Commission:-
1. Full names (surname first) 2. E.C. No.
3. Date and place of birth
4. Date of appointment to the service
5. Present department
6. Present grade and date of appointment thereto
7. Salary (excluding allowances) and date from which it was first received.
8. Relevant qualifications and experience.
9. Relevant vacancy announcement and reference number
B. Applications must be accompanied by performance appraisal reports for the last full cycle. A detailed C.V. with contact details and copies of national I.D. card, birth certificate and qualifications should be attached to the application. The C.V. must contain the following details -:
1. Full names
2. Date and place of birth
3. Full residential address
4. Present Ministry
5. Present grade and date of appointment thereto
6. Work experience
C. Please be advised that all applications should be submitted to the Public Service Commission in triplicate through Head of Ministry. Applications that do not comply with the above requirements will not be processed.
N.B Eligible female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Created: October 11, 2018
Category: Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental
Expiry Date: Oct. 22, 2018