District Crop And Livestock Production Officer X 19
Reports to: Provincial Crops And Livestock Production Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and oversee the implementation of District crop and livestock production activities.
• Produce reports on District agricultural activities for submission to the Provincial Office.
• Identify and oversee the implementation of training programmes for District staff
• Compile statistics on crop and livestock production trends, diseases etc and write report for onward submission to the Provincial office.
• Liaise and share information on latest agricultural practices with relevant stakeholders at District Level and beyond.
• Coordinate and monitor the implementation of regulatory work such as destruction of cotton/tobacco stalks, crop forecast, animal disease control and mitigation among other regulatory tasks.
• Develop District programs on crop and livestock production and management aligned to Departmental work plans and strategies guided by the Departmental Integrated Performance Work Plans.
• Coordinate the development of appropriate land/farm management practices and tools.
• Manage the implementation of HR Development Plans at District level.
• Effectively utilise resources for efficient service delivery in the District.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
• BSc Agriculture or equivalent
• At least 2 years experience in as a Principal Crop and Livestock Production Officer
• Good leadership skills
• Be willing travel extensively.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
• Computer literacy.
• Strong research background and good analytical skills.
• A fairly good flair for figures
A. Applications must contain the following information and must be submitted through the applicant’s Head of Department and Head of Ministry for onward submission in triplicate to the Commission:-
1. Full names (surname first) 2. E.C. No.
3. Date and place of birth
4. Date of appointment to the service
5. Present department
6. Present grade and date of appointment thereto
7. Salary (excluding allowances) and date from which it was first received.
8. Relevant qualifications and experience.
9. Relevant vacancy announcement and reference number
B. Applications must be accompanied by performance appraisal reports for the last full cycle. A detailed C.V. with contact details and copies of national I.D. card, birth certificate and qualifications should be attached to the application. The C.V. must contain the following details -:
1. Full names
2. Date and place of birth
3. Full residential address
4. Present Ministry
5. Present grade and date of appointment thereto
6. Work experience
C. Please be advised that all applications should be submitted to the Public Service Commission in triplicate through Head of Ministry. Applications that do not comply with the above requirements will not be processed.
N.B Eligible female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Created: October 11, 2018
Category: Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental
Expiry Date: Oct. 22, 2018