District Veterinary Officer X 42
Reports to: Provincial Veterinary Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide the Provincial Head with routine consolidated updates for the animal population, disease control and disease occurrence patterns in the District.
• Implement effective measures for the mitigation of scheduled animal disease and pest risk.
• Implement programmes for the improvement of farmer practice of good animal health, welfare and hygiene.
• Efficiently utilise District human and material resources for effective service delivery.
• Exchange ideas with stakeholders to maximize stakeholder participation in the management of animal health and welfare
• Manage the implementation the Human Resources Development plan at District level.
• QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
• A Degree Veterinary Science or equivalent
• A Master’s Degree would be an added advantage.
• Must have served for at least one (1) year in the Principal Veterinary Officer grade or equivalent.
• Registered with the Council of Veterinary Surgeons of Zimbabwe.
• Possess good research skills.
• Exceptional people skills.
• Be willing travel extensively.
• Ability to work pressure.
• Computer literacy.
• Enhanced numerical skills.
A. Applications must contain the following information and must be submitted through the applicant’s Head of Department and Head of Ministry for onward submission in triplicate to the Commission:-
1. Full names (surname first) 2. E.C. No.
3. Date and place of birth
4. Date of appointment to the service
5. Present department
6. Present grade and date of appointment thereto
7. Salary (excluding allowances) and date from which it was first received.
8. Relevant qualifications and experience.
9. Relevant vacancy announcement and reference number
B. Applications must be accompanied by performance appraisal reports for the last full cycle. A detailed C.V. with contact details and copies of national I.D. card, birth certificate and qualifications should be attached to the application. The C.V. must contain the following details -:
1. Full names
2. Date and place of birth
3. Full residential address
4. Present Ministry
5. Present grade and date of appointment thereto
6. Work experience
C. Please be advised that all applications should be submitted to the Public Service Commission in triplicate through Head of Ministry. Applications that do not comply with the above requirements will not be processed.
N.B Eligible female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Created: October 11, 2018
Category: Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental
Expiry Date: Oct. 22, 2018