Duties and responsibilities:
a. Receives raw materials from Stores Department as per production schedule.
b. Prepares manufacturing equipment by performing sterile cleaning in place (CIP) and servicing in place (SIP) and cleaning out of place (COP).
c. Carrying out daily operator inspections and performing basic preventive maintenance checks in liaison with Engineering Department.
d. Operating and monitoring equipment by observing varying conditions and adjusting controls as per operating procedure.
e. Maintains safe and clean work environment by following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and standard operating procedures; complying with legal regulations; monitoring environment.
f. Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; calling for repairs.
g. Documents production by completing forms, reports, logs, and records of equipment and batches.
h. Updates job knowledge by participating in in-house and external training opportunities.
Knowledge, key skills and abilities
• Highly trainable.
• Full knowledge of cGMP guidelines is a distinct advantage.
• Ability to solve routine technical or operational problems.
• Ability to read charts, gauges and dials, to inspect small moving parts, and to complete and read a variety of records and reports.
• Should be physically fit.
• Good communication skills.
• Good analytical skills.
Desirable education and experience
• A certified Class 2 Maintenance Fitter who trained with a reputable institution of higher learning.
• At least 3 years experience as a Maintenance Fitter in the FMCG related industry.
• Machine operation experience within the pharmaceutical industry will be considered as a distinct advantage