FEWS NET seeks applications from qualified and experienced Zimbabwean professionals to fill one full-time Regional Food Security Specialist-Markets and Trade (RFSS-MT) position in Harare, Zimbabwe.
The RFSS–MT for Southern Africa will work with the Southern Africa Regional Representative (RR), the rest of the regional team, the country teams in the region, and partners to design, execute, and coordinate regional activities in the markets and trade technical area.
The main responsibilities of this role include
1. Monitoring, analysis, and reporting
2. Technical capacity development and guidance
3. Leadership, representation, and liaison
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required; local language skills relevant to Southern Africa are desirable.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or higher) in a discipline that is directly relevant to household/food economy and food security, including economics, agricultural economics, social science, etc. is required. Directly related professional experience can substitute for education experience.
- At least three years of relevant regional experience analyzing agricultural markets in Southern Africa is required.
Please refer and view the full job description for the Southern Africa Regional Food Security Specialist-Markets and Trade by clicking on the PDF file link below.
Interested and qualified candidates should fill out the general information form and upload their CV and a cover letter at https://fewsnet.formstack.com/forms/rfss_sa_fewsnet by December 1, 2019.
All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English
Created: November 28, 2019
Category: Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental
Expiry Date: Dec. 1, 2019