VACANT POSITION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will report to the Procurement Manager and will be based at Head Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 5 '0' Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
• Degree in Purchasing and Supply or Diploma in Purchasing and Supply - Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CI PS).
• Three (3) years' experience in the purchasing and supply management.
• Thorough knowledge of a pplicable Acts.
• Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
• Honesty and reliable.
• Results Oriented.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
• Procures raw materials, spares, goods and services cost effectively in line with Public Procurement and Disposal of PublicAssets Act [Chapter 22:23] and Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Regulations.
• Conducts market surveillance or research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
• Identifies potential suppliers, visit existing suppliers, building and maintains good relationships with suppliers.
• Evaluates bids and makes recommendations to the Evaluation Committee based on commercial and technical specifications.
• Resolves supplier queries or problems and escalates where necessary.
• Liaises with Creditors section on issues of payment to suppliers.
• Compiles procurement management reports.
• Provides secretariat services to the Committee.
• Drafts supply contracts and monitors their progress, check the quality of service provided.
• Negotiates with suppliers for better prices, payment terms and delivery periods.
• Maintains an updated contracts register and files.
• Forecasts the likely levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeps a constant check on stock levels to maximize business efficiency.
• Coordinates and controls the purchase order cycle and associated information systems.
• Plans and prepares budget for Procurement Management Unit.
• Ad heres to and ensures adherence to safety, health and environment regulationsand standard procedures.
• Supervises and develops subordinates by setting performance targets and identifying training needs.
• Ensures subordinates have signed job descriptions and performance contracts.
• Conducts Performance Appraisals for subordinates quarterly and annually using Integrated Results Based Management (I RBM) system.
• Performs any otherwork related duties as assigned by the Superior.
Applications in own hand writing accompanied with 2 copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be addressed to:-
The Human Resources Manager Silo Food Industries
14 Wimbledon Crescent
Not later than 25 November 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted internal candidates will be contacted.
Created: November 14, 2019
Category: Procurement, Stores, Logistics, Shipping, Driving
Expiry Date: Nov. 25, 2019