Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Front Office Manager that has arisen with our client in the Hospitality Industry, an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Client offers a competitive salary with a USD Component or equivalent.
• Directly manage all front desk agents, night auditors, and guest service associates, including recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, coaching, disciplining, and motivating of staff. Consistently practice, lead, and train associates on all procedures and service standards.
• Have an expert working knowledge of hotel property management system (Opera). Troubleshoot PMS integrations, load rates and packages, ensure all guest service agents are well versed in navigating the system, and verify transactions are posted correctly. Review PMS repots daily.
• Perform daily front desk agent duties including; communicate room availability, book and review guest reservations, operating multi-line phone system, check in/out, issuance of guest keys, verifying payment.
• Lead staff by professionally handling escalated guest complaints, problem-solving, and follow up with all guest complaints, maintenance issues, and safety concerns.
• Have a thorough knowledge of local amenities, hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions. Have full knowledge of all parking options, guest charges, and fees. Working knowledge of all rates, packages, and booking restrictions.
• Supervise all cash and accounting practices performed at the front desk.
• Maximize Yield Management. Oversee and manage forecast, schedule, and reservation transaction reports daily. Manage and maintain all third-party reservation sites and rates offered.
• Work closely with Sales department to develop creative packages and promotions to maximize sales and overall guest experience. Create personalized amenity options, working with F&B and Marketing team. Work with the Digital Executive to ensure promotions are effectively promoted digitally.
• Work closely with Housekeeping closely on all in-house room requests, issues, and room status. Assist with Lost and Found management. Ensure Lost and Found procedures are followed accordingly
Qualifications and Skills
• Recent 3+ years Resort Hotel Front Office Management experience required
• Strong background in Rooms Division, with natural customer service skills
• Strong experience in Property Management software (Opera a plus)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of revenue management and online booking agents
• Cost Management skills, with the ability to meet or exceed strict budgetary expectations.
• Hotel forecasting experience
• Comfortable with managing and leading a team with motivation, accountability, and regular follow-up
• Ability to establish a strong service culture and maintain high customer service standards
• Ability to multitask, adapt to change, think quickly, and prioritize effectively in a fast paced and demanding environment while maintaining calmness, composure, and hospitality
Qualified and interested? Please email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Created: November 01, 2019
Category: Tourism, Hospitality, Food, Travel, Leisure, Sport
Location: Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Salary: TBA incl. USD
Expiry Date: Nov. 6, 2019