Job Title Research Specialist
Company Cassava Smartech
Reporting To General Manager - Agritech
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Country Zimbabwe
Location - Town / City Harare
Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent Research Specialist to join the Agritech team. The major responsibility of the role is to research and provide business analysis skills to support effective planning and decision making and to effect product development changes on all Agritech business pillars.
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree in Operations Research and Statistics or equivalent relevant degree.
• A professional qualification will be an added advantage.
• 2-4 years research related experience
• Knowledge of research tools, principles, concepts, practices and methods
• Strong mathematical, analytical and research skills.
Key Result Areas
• Develops objectives and design research projects and proposals
• Formulates and conducts scientific experiments, performing data scanning, analyzing, evaluating test and research results.
• Researches and provides quantitative information necessary for management strategic planning and decision making
• Leads in the quantitative interpretation of business trends in the AgriTech sector using internal and external data.
• Develops business demand forecasts models using historical data.
• Analyses product line performance against targets and recommends sales focus areas.
• Gathers AgriTech industry reports both locally and internationally and analyses them and their impact on product performance and recommends plans that enhance business growth.
• Researches and tests the assumptions for AgriTech product business case modeling and maintains the business model for each product in the pipeline up to date.
• Documents all research findings and recommendations for presentations.
• Prepares reports on new products or new markets as per business strategy.
• Develops business case in liaison with the product development specialist, technical analysts, and other relevant stakeholders.
Created: October 31, 2019
Category: Applied Sciences, Aviation
Expiry Date: Nov. 1, 2019