Resource Mobilisation and Partnerships Advisor
Harare, HARARE, Harare, Zimbabwe
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below.
The incumbent will be responsible for operationalizing CARE’s Resource Mobilisation strategy and providing overall coordination, planning, development and management of CARE public and private fundraising efforts as well as ensuring systems are in place, monitoring progress towards the achievements of CARE Resource Mobilisation targets.
Key duties and Responsibilities
• Updates and maintains the resource mobilization strategy.
• Explores new business opportunities as per business plan and resource mobilisation strategy.
• Coordinates proposal development processes in collaboration with the RBDU team, drawing from technical knowledge and evidence from CARE programs.
• Contributes to writing and packaging of successful funding applications (concepts, EOI, proposals) as needed.
• Updates the resource mobilisation tracker including targets, concepts, ideas, proposals.
• Develops capacity statements in line with funding opportunities and resource mobilisation strategy.
• Conducts donor research in line with the mobilisation strategy and after-action reviews after each submission.
• Promotes dialogue and information sharing within CARE on potential partnerships and donor strategies/policies (government as well as private sector)
• Develops and revises partnership tools (e.g due diligence, capacity assessment) and ensures processes are in place and documented.
• Leads partner/donor mapping and other analysis, capacity development of staff.
• Represents CARE at national stakeholder forums/networks, consultative sessions and CARE International resource mobilization platform as assigned.
• Supports new partnership identification and cultivation of new and old partners.
• Leads on corporate engagement in line with CARE Partnership strategy.
• Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Marketing, Business Management, International Relations or other related fields
• 5-7years relevant experience in resources mobilisation.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to operate independently and also as part of a team
Created: October 20, 2019
Category: Ngo, Social Services, Kubatana
Expiry Date: Nov. 3, 2019