Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the following post that has arisen in the council.
POST: Conservation Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: GRADE 6
REPORT TO: Planning and Environment Technician
1) Minimum of a Higher National Diploma in Environmental Studies or Agriculture or Natural Resources Management or Equivalent from a recognised institution.
2) A relevant degree and professional qualification are added advantages;
3) Must have at least 2 years post qualification experience in natural resources management.
4) Local Government experience is an added advantage.
5) Clean class 3 drivers license
6) At least 25-45 years old.
7) No criminal record & a clean record of service within the local government fraternity.
a) Develop, implement and monitor the council's natural resources, Agriculture and Environmental Management budget, plans program and strategies.
b) Administering EMA Act and other statutes in relation to local authorities.
c) Provide technical input into development of agricultural, Environmental and Natural Resources Management policies, guidelines and procedures for the council.
d) Coordinate and contact positive educational meetings and facilitate public discussion on environmental issues, Agricultural and waste management.
e) Inspecting, monitoring and regulating commercial resource based activities.
f) Carrying out council agricultural operations profitably.
G)Any other duties assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifying interested individuals should submit their application letters, detailed CVs (including contacts & email addresses of at least 3 traceable references), and certified copies of academic & professional qualifications, birth certificates and national ID cards not later than 8 NOVEMBER 2019. Applications to be in sealed envelope clearly marked "Conservation Clerk", should be addressed to:
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER ZAKA RURAL DISTRICT COUNCIL P.O. BOX 500, JERERA
Created: October 03, 2019
Category: Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental
Expiry Date: Nov. 8, 2019