POSTA: EXECUTIVE DEAN OF STUDENTS
Reports to the Vice Chancellor
The post of Executive Dean of Students is a three year contract position and is part of senior management of the University. The Dean coordinates the administration of various organs of Students Affairs Division that respond to student needs as well as create a culture of learning and engagement to enrich the student experience at Midlands State University.
Qualifications and Experience
• The applicant must be a holder of a Master's degree in a relevant discipline. Possession of an earned PhD will be an added advantage.
• Applicants must have at least five years working experience at
similar management capacity preferably in a University set up.
• The ideal candidate should have passion and energy for working with students of all age groups and demonstrate knowledge of student governance and the University's strategic thrust and culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Dean will be responsible for:
• Providing direction and supervision of all the units and directors in the Student Affairs Division.
• Enforcing University policies, rules and regulations pertaining to students and staff that promote a conducive environment for learning and extramural activities.
• Developing collaborative relationships with campus administrators, faculty and campus community leaders to enhance planning and implementation of strategic initiatives and resolving issues.
• Providing leadership and guidance in analysis, review, creation and interpretation of student policies and procedures.
• Overseeing the general welfare of University students.
• Nurturing positive behaviours which project good image of students as lifelong ambassadors for the University.
• Communicating effectively with students and other stakeholders.
• Fostering an inclusive University community and promoting equity for all students.
• Pursuing partnerships with donors and sponsors that are beneficial to the University.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates and transcripts including page with interpretation of grades, and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource) Midlands State University
Closing date for applications is Friday 11 October 2019.
Note that only short- listed candidates will be communicated to.
Created: September 29, 2019
Category: Human Resources, She, Teaching, Training
Expiry Date: Oct. 11, 2019