Job Title Digital Marketing Manager
Reporting To General Manager Marketing
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Country Zimbabwe
Location - Town / City Harare
Job Purpose To lead the Social and Online Marketing & Communication function and establish the online communication and branding strategy and the implementation plan and also lead the development of communications campaigns.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Marketing or Communication
• Post graduate qualification (e.g, MBA /MSC) will be an advantage
• 4 - 6 years’ experience in a similar role or related environment and 2 of which should be in a management position.
Key Result Areas • Provides digital and social input for the Business Plan, in conjunction with the General Manager - Marketing.
• Provides overall marketing input for the Business plan, in conjunction with the General Manager - Marketing.
• Analyses the business and marketing environment to identify online marketing opportunities that will enhance brand equity.
• Monitors developments in technology, uses this information to help the marketing department operate with initiative and innovation.
• Develops a social and digital marketing plan for the company’s corporate and portfolio of brands in order to deliver the required e-marketing objectives.
• Leads the implementation of assigned Social & Digital strategic marketing initiatives to improve the operating efficiencies of the business across all Digital media - Digital CI, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Content Marketing, Paid Search Marketing (SEM), Pay Per Click (PPC), Display Advertising, Website, Mobisite, Microsite development & maintenance and any other general online activities.
• Ensures maintenance and management of assigned web environments as it relates to the information management and reporting associated with the sites as well as the functional development of the sites. Specifically around the www.econet.co.zw and related mobi sites and microsites.
• Researches industry best practices for existing and emerging trends in social media and making recommendations for application to marketing programs.
• Oversees implementation of digital tools and platforms to enhance customer experiences.
• Leads and champions the development of online brand positioning and vision to enhance brand equity.
• Creates and enforces online brand guidelines, ensuring that designs, products, advertisements, messages and image meet company brand and regulatory requirements for the managed portfolio.
• Leads the development of communications campaigns that are aimed at lead generation, lead conversion, brand awareness & online visibility for the managed product portfolio and recommend to the General Manager – Marketing.
• In-House development of digital marketing campaigns that include digital designs, animated videos, photography, videography, video editing, copywriting & blogging.
• Develops, through Brand Managers, effective communication strategy (including the determination of online media channels to be used).
• Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of digital marketing activities using latest web measurement metrics and analytics for ROI.
• Develops and manages annual digital marketing budget of the department.
• Create revenue generation opportunities for the Marketing Department by billing other entities for Digital Marketing Services on a monthly basis.
• Develops section tactical plans to meet its agreed goals and objectives, meet sectional staff on a weekly basis, identifies and agrees key result areas, key objectives/tasks and action plans.
• Identifies staff training and development needs and develop competence training plans.
Created: September 28, 2019
Category: Sales, Marketing, Pr, Advertising
Expiry Date: Sept. 30, 2019