Title: Program Assistant
Purpose of the position:
Providing a wide range of administrative, secretarial, and finance support services to the IGATE (Improving Girls Access To Education) program central and district offices.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
1. Provide logistical support to all IGATE districts to ensure they have adequate resources and visitors for the program.
2. Diary management - Program director, deputy director, program technical managers, program coordinators, Strategy, Evidence & Learning director, Disaster Preparedness and Standards director and Global Centre staff.
3. Coordination and logistic handling of departmental visitors, central training sessions, and local and international travel..
4. Departmental asset management and administration (asset registers, and vehicles).
5. Department fuel management, monthly fuel analysis per vehicle, Total consolidation and processing of payment.
6. Preparation and submission of LDRs (Labour Distribution Reports) and attendance registers and ensuring that annual leave for staff is properly recorded/ tracked.
7. Organizing meetings/workshops and minuting.
8. Technically supervise and give support to district Admin/Finance Assistants.
9. Food assistance and Global Centre (GC) staff stationery/furniture requisitions, procurement and supplier payment processing.
10. Petty cash management for the department.
11. Comprehensive filing system and confidentiality. Managing and reviewing the filing systems.
12. Stationery inventory control for the department.
13. Ensure that offices are well kept and clean.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Diploma is Secretarial Studies, Administration or Office Management.
2. Good typing skills and speed.
3. Computer aptitude and efficiency with word processing, database management and spreadsheet software a must.
4. Ability to work without supervision, organize, manage and prioritise tasks completing them in a timely and cost effective way.
5. Ability to handle confidential matters and a high degree of professional integrity.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are an essential part of the job.
Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Created: September 24, 2019
Category: Ngo, Social Services, Kubatana
Expiry Date: Sept. 26, 2019