Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts:
*NB: Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
1. VICE CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE
Chief Internal Auditor (1 Post)
Desired Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have a first degree in Accounting and a Master's degree in Accounting or equivalent, plus at least seven (7) years hands on post qualification experience of which at least two (2) years should be at managerial level. A qualified CA/full ACCA/CIMA or equivalent diploma. Applicants should be preferably members of IIA or equivalent institute and must be a registered public auditor with PAAB in Zimbabwe. Must be highly computer literate with a deep understanding of presentation suites such as MS•power point, and internal control and accounting systems. Knowledge of computerised accounting packages including CAATs will be a distinct advantage. In addition, applicants should be able to work under pressure, have proven track record of taking full responsibility for a multifaceted job in a dynamic environment be a mature person of good repute who enjoys an outstanding reputation in the chosen field, be of high integrity and possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Apart from being responsible to the University Audit Committee and the Vice Chancellor, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Managing the University's internal audit function.
• The development of quarterly and annual internal audit plans, programme design and reports.
• Planning and preparing periodic audit programmes in accordance with prescribed audit/accounting standards.
• Supervising subordinates and providing comprehensive in-house training to ensure qualitative audits.
• Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over the institution's activities.
• Carrying out special audits to facilitate investigations as and when required
• Liaising with external auditors.
• Presenting monthly audit reports to the Vice Chancellor and the Audit Committee.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
Senior Assistant Registrar, Human Resource Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences P Bag 7001
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 27 September 2019 at 1400 hours. Note envelops should be clearly marked the post being applied for, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Created: September 22, 2019
Category: Accounting, Finance
Expiry Date: Sept. 27, 2019