Title: Nurse Tester
Location: Kwekwe, Gokwe, Mutasa, Makoni, Gutu, Chivi, Zaka and Mwenezi
Supervisor: District Team Lead
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism will increase the availability and quality of care and treatment services for People Living with HIV (PLHIV) primarily through community based interventions that complement the public sector as part of the multi-sectorial response led by the Government of Zimbabwe. ZHCT has two objectives; 1) to increase the availability of high quality comprehensive care and treatment services for PLWHIV at community level 2) to strengthen community level health systems to monitor, track and maintain PLWHIV in care.
Reporting to the District Team Leader, the Nurse Tester will be expected to provide HIV Testing Services in the community around a cluster of health facilities and support linkages in close collaboration with the MOHCC District and Health facility staff, community based health workers and other implementing partners. The Nurse tester will be responsible for implementation of project activities in communities around a cluster of health facilities. The Nurse tester is part of the decentralized district ZHCT project team comprising of District team leader, Nurse testers, M&E Assistant and community based cadres.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide HIV Testing Services including integrated symptom screening at community level and ensuring linkages to care and treatment.
• Strengthen health facility and community linkages through working closely with MOHCC site nurses and community based health workers in the development of robust referral systems for PLWHIV.
• Working closely with the facility based nurses and health centre committee, engage and recruit community based cadres to support project implementation.
• Supervise the community based cadres working to support implementation of ZHCT project activities and administer a performance based incentive scheme to the community based cadres.
• Provide enhanced adherence counselling (EAC) to PLWHIV at community level and referring to health facilities and other service providers as maybe needed.
• Support the District Team Leader to conduct community mobilization, demand creation, defaulter identification, tracking and tracing as well as facilitate the formation and strengthening of community ART refill groups (CARGs) and support groups.
• Record and report activities at community level using ZHCT M&E tools and submit to the M&E Assistant District Team Leader for aggregation.
• Ensure implementation fidelity in all aspects of the program
• Any other activities as directed by the supervisor.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Proficiency in English and relevant local language (Shona, Ndebele)
• Knowledge of community health practices and general medical ethics
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team
• Ability to analyse and report relevant activities.
• Sound knowledge of HIV care and treatment practices in Zimbabwe
• Results oriented and able to meet project deliverables
• Computer literacy is a must
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
• RGN/PCN/Primary Care Nursing or equivalent
• Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling is a must
• Class Drivers 3 license or willingness to ride a motorbike is a must.
• Motorbike riding experience is an added advantage
• At least one year OI/ ART experience
• Sound knowledge and experience in M&E is an added advantage.
• Registration with Nurses Council of Zimbabwe License to practice as a nurse in Zimbabwe
Created: September 13, 2019
Category: Health, Medical, Nursing
Expiry Date: Sept. 20, 2019