POSITION: Farm Manager
DURATION: Fixed-Term Contract
• Managing farm diversification activities.
• Plan finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters
• Introduce livestock feeding methods and techniques.
• ensure current government regulations concerning farm activities are complied with
• ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations
• monitor animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets
• Livestock reproduction cycles, including oestrous and pregnancy.
• Perform prescribed treatments for detected illness and injury in livestock
• Pasture utilization and management
• Produce feed ration formulation.
• Inventory control processes, procedures, and techniques for
• Planning and implementing breeding programmes
• Managing cash flow and developing and monitoring budgets
• Monitoring the health and welfare of the livestock
• Ensuring the farm is compliant with various legal guidelines and working to minimise the environmental impact of the business.
• Keeping records on the movements of all livestock in to and out from the far.
• Practice labour and delivery methods for livestock.
• Process and in maintain area cleanliness for disease control.
• Formulate rations and feed livestock according to prescribed procedures.
• Provide proper nutrition to livestock.
• Purchasing and budgeting for ranch/farm operations.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrate knowledge of artificially insemination to female livestock.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma or Degree in Agriculture from a reputable institution.
• A qualification in Animal Science is a strong added advantage.
• Minimum 3 years working experience in a similar role.
Qualified and interested candidates should apply to: email@example.com with a clear subject heading “FARM MANAGER Ref:01/19”
Closing date 31 August 2019
Created: August 15, 2019
Category: Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental
Expiry Date: Aug. 31, 2019