Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above position, which has arisen within the Insurance and Pensions Commission (IPEC).
INSURANCE AND MICROINSURANCE DEPARTMENT
Job Vacancy: MANAGER INSURANCE AND MICROINSURANCE
Purpose of the job
To ensure that all players in the insurance industry meet registration and operational requirements as stipulated in the Insurance Act and other enabling legislation The responsibilities of the job will include:
• Recommending insurance and micro-insurance companies for registration and monitoring conformity to sound financial principles
• Monitoring financial soundness of insurance and micro-insurance companies
• Ensuring that the regulated entities comply with the regulatory provisions of the Insurance Act and other regulations
• Ensuring the production of the Commission's reports by due date, monthly, quarterly and annually
• Monitoring developments in the macro-environment and suggesting recommendations amendments to the Insurance and other enabling Acts.
• Analysing trends in the market/industry and coming up with requisite reports and recommendations for improvement
• Recommending approval of externalization of premiums to external re-insurers
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong research skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to achieve outcomes with minimal direct supervision
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Ability to work under pressure
• Degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Actuarial Science or related field. A relevant professional qualification in insurance is a must.
• A relevant Masters' degree would be a distinct advantage
Interested persons should submit their written applications together with a detailed CV and certified copies of ID, academic and professional qualifications by not laterthan 29 August 2019 to:
The Human Resources Executive
Insurance and Pensions Commission
160 Rhodesville Avenue
Harare or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Created: August 15, 2019
Category: Banking, Insurance, Financial Services
Expiry Date: Aug. 29, 2019