Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following post
1.0 VICE CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE
1.1 DIRECTOR SECURITY SERVICES (GRADE 5)
The ideal candidate must have at least a Master's Degree in Security and Risk Management and a first degree in Security and Risk Management or equivalent. A Diploma in Security Management would be an added advantage. Applicants should have at least ten (10) years' experience in the security field. The successful candidate must have served at the level of Superintendent or above in the police or equivalent rank across other security fields.
The post will be offered on a performance-based four (4) year contract which can be renewed based on satisfactory performance
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the incumbent must be a team player, honest, mature, professional, hardworking, possess no criminal record and clear references from former employer (s) and have proven ability to manage crisis and emergency incidents. Comprehensive understanding of physical security systems is must. In addition applicants should possess excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, organisation, leadership and planning skills.
• Overseeing the day to day administrative functions ofthe Security Department;
• Formulating security related policies;
• Advising the Vice Chancellorand Management on all security related issues;
• Developing and recommending security strategies for the University Campuses;
• Supervising and directing operations of the University Guards through Security Officers and Sergeants;
• Controlling budgets for security operations and monitoring departmental expenses;
• Developing training plans and programmes and maintaining security training records;
• Detecting and investigating theft, and other security breaches that may occur in the University from time to time and produce reports;
• Reporting criminal cases that may arise to the police and attending to the matters at Court ;
• Ensuring that new students are oriented about Security issues obtaining in the University;
• Overseeing the loss control function of the department and making recommendations to the Vice Chancellor and management;
• Carrying out any other duties assigned.
NB: Police clearance is a MUST for the successful candidate.
Applicants must submit six copies of applications of the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 23 August, 2019.
Created: August 11, 2019
Category: Security, Defence, Surveillance
Expiry Date: Aug. 23, 2019