1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Town Clerk is the Accounting Officer and Chief Advisor of Council and is expected to proffer overall leadership in the provision of service delivery and strategic direction to the municipality in line with stakeholder expectations.
2. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Mayor and to Council Committees, the Town Clerk's main responsibilities are:
• Helping the Municipality execute on its vision, mission, values and all its goals.
• Formulating the Municipality strategy and supervising its implementation.
• Helping the Municipality in monitoring and
evaluating its service delivery to the stakeholders.
• Providing general oversight of all Municipality activities and managing its operations.
• Overseeing effective management of the Municipality's financial and non-financial resources including budgeting, reporting and auditing.
• Promoting the image of the Municipality through sound stakeholder management.
• Setting performance benchmarks for Directors in line with Municipality policy.
• Chairing critical Municipality meetings and directing the Heads of Departments in implementing meeting resolutions.
• Ensuring the drafting of by-laws, filling of legal and regulatory documents and monitoring legal compliance.
• Serving as the Chief Engagement person for the Municipality and ensuring proper representation of the Municipality to the community.
3. QUALIFICATIONSAND EXPERIENCE
• Applicants should hold a minimum of a degree in Administration, Law, Social Sciences, Engineering or
equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
• A Masters degree in Public Administration or a Doctorate will bean added advantage.
• At least 10 years experience in Senior Management preferably in local authority administration and a proven and documented record of programs delivered will be required.
4. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Diplomacy and ability to demonstrate positive leadership skills.
• Good Team Building Skills.
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
• Financial probity.
• Good corporate governance acumen and personal integrity.
A package commensurate with the status of this position will be disclosed tothe shortlisted candidates.
All applications, certificates and detailed Cvs to be addressed and submitted to His Worship, The Mayor, Municipality of Marondera.
Submit an application (x6 copies) with detailed Cvs and certified copies of educational and professional certificates. Drop in the Tender Box in The Town Clerk's Office at The Municipal offices, The Green, Marondera.
Closing Date: Friday 25 August 2019
NB: Canvassing will automatically disqualify the respective candidate.
Created: August 11, 2019
Category: Administration, Secretarial, Pa
Expiry Date: Aug. 25, 2019