Merchant Operations Officer
Company Cassava Smartech
Reporting To Merchant & Payments Manager
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Country Zimbabwe
Location - Town / City Harare
Job Purpose Cassava Smartech is looking for versatile & dynamic Merchant Operations Officers to join its Merchant Services & Payments Team under EcoCash business. The main purpose of the position is to achieve set business revenue targets and increase EcoCash wallet share through implementation of a sound merchant engagement life-cycle management framework in the digital payment platform
Qualifications and Experience
• A Commercial Degree or equivalent.
• A vocational or professional qualification in Sales will be an added advantage.
• 2-4 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
• Possess excellent presentation and strong interpersonal skills.
• Leadership and Team Management skills.
• Possess good training skills
Key Result Areas • Engages key merchants to ensure a partnership that grows EcoCash digital payments wallet share within the payments done by merchant.
• Implements initiatives that ensure that each merchant reaches pre-agreed transactional value targets and ensure EcoCash maximises on the Value Chain strategy
• Monitors and ensures that all merchants are operating in alignment with the merchant engagement framework strategy.
• Executes digital payments action plans through monitoring, ordering and allocating the stock levels for all collateral relating to the digital payments: Debit cards, POS with the bank for EcoCash transactions, SIM cards for merchant codes, Devices and other collateral.
• Monitors and engages inactive merchants to ensure that they reach the targeted activity ratios.
• Engages key merchants to establish relationships that ensure the growth and product uptake of merchant and card business which includes facilitating the contracting process.
• Proposes appropriate merchandising material for the different digital payments channels
• Interacts with the merchant designs and implements strategies to improve performance.
• Recommends channel development, use cases and pricing initiatives with the aim of inducing product usage and development.
• Sets performance standards by merchant or initiative and reviews periodically (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually).
• Does analysis of various aspects in the digital payments space and uses this to come up with recommendations for various parties
Created: August 08, 2019
Category: Sales, Marketing, Pr, Advertising
Expiry Date: Aug. 9, 2019