Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University (ZEGU) is inviting suitably qualified personnel to fill in the following posts:Pro Vice Chancellor Academic, Research and Administration (1 post) The candidate should possess the following key competencies:
Qualifications and Skills
• Be a holder of an earned Doctorate Degree from a recognised University with a minimum of twenty (20) scholarly publications in reputable journals as at the time of appointment. Full or Associate Professorship would be an added advantage,
Have at least ten (10) years working experience at the level of Dean or Senior Management position in a Higher and Tertiary Education or Research institution.
Have proven management capacity including knowledge of financial management, strategic people management and be able to generate financial support from both public and private sectors,
• Ability to formulate and communicate a clear academic vision within a teaching and research setting. Willingness to take on the challenge of laying the academic and research foundations ofa new University.
• Excellent entrepreneurial skills including proven budgetary, management and teamwork skills in an academic institution, and clear understanding of the social, financial and political implications on decisions made. Ability to collaborate and relate effectively with all the University stakeholders including external bodies / regulatory or government institutions / senior industry executives and the wider community is a key requirement to achieve the University goals and objectives.
Must demonstrate personal commitment to excellence
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the incumbent's duties include:
• Oversees academic policy development and implementation, Assists the Vice Chancellor with the management of the core academic functions of the University,
Participates as a key member of the University's Senior Management and collaborates with the Executive team to develop the strategy and direction of the University,
• Supervises senior staff including academic Deans and Directors,
• Promotes innovation in teaching and learning to ensure a rich student-centred environment across the country,
• Facilitates and promotes inter-disciplinary programmes, studies and research,
• Oversees and works collaboratively with Deans to develop academic curricula and programmes,
• Oversees the recruitment process to hire qualified professors, lecturer's, instructors, staff and other personnel within the division of academic affairs,
• Leads the development, implementation and monitoring of academic support programmes and services to ensure student success,
• Confers regularly with academic Deans and Directors to plan, coordinate and evaluate instructional facilities to support teaching and learning activities,
Facilitates community/civic and industry engagement, including development of partnership with business and industry as well as other institutions,
Undertakes any other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice Chancellor and other relevant University authorities.
Assisting in promoting efficient resource mobilization and utilization, which reflect the core business and mandate of the institution,
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 26July 2019
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including emails and addresses. Evidence of membership of a professional association (where applicable) should also be attached.
Applications should clearly indicate the"Position'which is being applied for and submitted to
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University
Stand No.1901 Barrassie Rd, Off Shamva Rd P.O. Box 350, Bindura, Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University, Harare Teaching and Learning Centre, 18836 Hampden Road, Belvedere, Harare
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Created: July 14, 2019
Category: Human Resources, She, Teaching, Training
Expiry Date: July 26, 2019