DEAN, SCHOOL OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND MATHEMATICS
Applicants must have both the intellectual and professional adaptability and flexibility to be able to manage, lead and administer academic programmes for the University and the community at large. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of an earned PhD in a relevant discipline from a recognized University with relevant university teaching experience and a strong research background. He/She should demonstrate academic excellence through university training, research, and community service and resource mobilization. The incumbent should be able to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the University and should have at least 5 years relevant working experience in University Administration. Experience at the level of a Chairperson of a Department would be a distinct advantage.
The Duties shall include:-
• Providing academic, research, training and administrative leadership for the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics,
• Planning and control in specific areas of Human Resources, Budgeting, development of academic programmes, departmental equipment and related matters,
• Leading the School in achieving its objectives through the development and delivery of sound and innovative programme; the promotion of excellence in teaching, research, community service, and in securing support for the School through partnership and linkages with other organizations,
• Leading the School in promoting research and technology innovation that lead to industrialization in support of Education 5.0,
• Undertaking resource mobilization activities to support university teaching and research in the School,
• Contributing to the evolution and maintenance of a comprehensive and conducive learning environment in the School,
• Ensuring that the admission of students and recruitment of staff in the School is professionally done,
• Contributing to the development of quality assurance of all School programmes,
• Contributing to the formulation, implementation and evaluation of policy at School level
The Dean would be reporting to the Vice Chancellor.
Six copies of the application letter, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details
including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, presentsalary, date of availability
and names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees should be addressed to:
Chinhoyi University of Technology Private Bag 7724
Telephone No: - (0267) 2129454
Applicants, who do not comply with the requirements, will be disqualified. Details on salary, allowances and other benefits shall be disclosed to short-listed candidates ONLY
The closing date for receipt of applications is 29 July 2019.
Created: July 14, 2019
Category: Human Resources, She, Teaching, Training
Expiry Date: July 29, 2019