Post Title Registrar (Chief Executive Officer)
Unit CSW - Head Office (Harare, Zimbabwe)
Reporting to The CSW Chairperson
The Council of Social Workers (CSW), established in terms of the Social Workers Act (Chap 27:2 I ) - the Social Work Regulatory body in Zimbabwe - has an opening for a dynamic and committed professional who wants to make a contribution to Social Work regulation in Zimbabwe. We are looking fora highly motivated individual who is result driven, a team worker with good communication, analytical and organisational skills.
Skills and Qualifications
• A Master's Degree in Social Work is a must
• An additional qualification in Management or Business Administration preferably MBA, Public Administration will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of experience working a in a professional and regulated environment, and registered with CSW or a similarly recognised regulatory authority
• A clear understanding of contemporary Social Protection issues particularly those relating to OVC, juvenile justice and other disadvantaged groups.
• A good grasp of social work ethical issues
• Fluency in English, Shona and Ndebel e as a prerequisite with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent IT skills particularly in MS Word, Excel & Access (E pi-info or SSPS desirable)
• Experience developing training plans and conducting training
• Ability to travel regularly to soci al work provinces (a class four driver's license a must)
• Good at resource mobilisation and financial management
The Registrar is the Secretary and Chief Executive officer of CSW, in which function he/she shall, liaise with the Chairperson of CSW, convene meetings of the CSW and any committee thereof and maintain the record of any such meetings. The Registrar shall work closely with the CSW Board and its various committees to comply with the regulations for registration of Social Workers as stipulated in the Act; Chapter27:2 I . His/her main duties will sometimes require work on weekends, for which time off in lieu can be taken. These will include:
• Oversight of Program Development and implementation
• Post Qualifying Training offerings within CSW Registration and Maintaining the Register, Licensing of Social Workers for Practice
• Governance and Operationalisation of International Social Work Best Practices
• Coordination of the Committees of the Council
• Development of Capacity Building programs, Conduct Training Workshops, Publicity Workshops and Seminars with Social Workers
• Coordination and Publicity of the Council of Social Workers
• Organisational Leadership and Development of CSW
• Publicity of the Social Workers' Act Chapter 27:21
• Generating a Database for Social Workers
• Provide for the regulation of the practice of social work
• Developing the Ethics and Codes of Conduct for professional Social Workers
• Developing a sound social work practice & its framework
• Revision of Tariffs and Fees for registration
• Research on Curriculum issues and practice of social work in Zimbabwe
• Provide an orientation for Social Workers to focus on Social Policy and planning issues
• Setting up a structure and an office for the council.
• Other duties as required.
If you meet the above profile and want to contribute to Social Work regulatory processes in Zimbabwe send your application quoting Vacancy Notice PO: 2019 to:
The Recruitment Committee Chairperson
Council of Social Workers Zimbabwe
c/o Midlands State University School of Social Work Corner Grant and Chinhoyi Street
P 0. Box 66570
Kopje, Harare, Zimbabwe
Or email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received by 22 July 20 I 9. Only successful candidates will be shortlisted. CSW is an equal opportunity employer, respects diversity and gender equality. Qualified individuals, particularly women, are encouraged to apply.
Created: July 07, 2019
Category: Ngo, Social Services, Kubatana
Expiry Date: July 22, 2019