NB: Chinhoyi University of Technology is an equal opportunities employer.
In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
DIRECTORATE OF RESEARCH AND GRADUATE STUDIES
Applications are invited for the following position that has arisen in the University:
Director, Research and Graduate Studies
The Director Research and Graduate Studies position is a four (4) year performance based contract which is renewable. Subject to the directions of the Senate and Vice Chancellor, the Director shall be responsible for the administration of Research and Graduate Studies Department. The Director of Research and Graduate Studies reports through the Pro Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs and Administration.
Applicants must have both the intellectual and professional adaptability and flexibility to be able to manage, lead and administer Education 5.0 based Higher Degrees by Research for the University and the community at large. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a PhD from a recognized University and a minimum of five (5) years post qualification relevant university experience. He/she should demonstrate academic excellence through a track record and evidence of research and publication in his/her discipline. The candidate should be able to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the University.
The Duties shall include:-
- Managing the Research and Graduate Studies Office in its quest to provide excellent university quality service in fulfilling national and international oriented postgraduate technological development in Schools.
• Collaborating with Schools, research units and relevant stakeholders in advancing and engaging internationally recognisable research.
• Monitoring, thoroughly evaluating reports, leading and managing all research outputs from each Department as well as enhancing proper research data capturing and management
- Providing as required, analyses and reports of postgraduate student activities. Developing, reviewing and improving the University Code of Practice for postgraduate studies and variant levels of regulations.
• Managing the annual institution's evaluation and reports archiving in ensuring that academic Schools/Institutes and Departments are fully involved in their research delivery and ensuring full integration of postgraduate policies and strategies into institutional practice.
• Managing and developing the Graduate School support to academic Schools and collaborative partners.
• Engaging in the establishment and development of dedicated postgraduate research student mentorship, counseling and assisting postgraduate candidates setting seminars.
• Representing and fully participating as the Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies at internal and external meetings and any other duties as required.
- Championing Education 5.0 in Graduate Studies and footer a spirit of innovation and industrialization.
Six copies of the application letter, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees should be addressed to:
Chinhoyi University of Technology, Private Bag 7724,
Applicants, who do not comply with the requirements, will be disqualified.
Details on salary, allowances and other benefits shall be disclosed to short-listed candidates ONLY. The closing date for receipt of applications is 26 July 2019.
Created: July 07, 2019
Category: Human Resources, She, Teaching, Training
Expiry Date: July 26, 2019