Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund (ZIMDEF) was established by the Manpower Planning and Development Act [Chapter 28:02] with a broad objective of financing the development of critical and highly skilled manpower in Zimbabwe. The broad objective of ZIMDEF is to finance the development of critical and highly skilled manpower through a one percent (1%) Training Levy paid by registered companies in Zimbabwe. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position that has arisen in the Fund — an equal opportunity employer.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Reporting to the Trustee/Minister of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the effective leadership and financial management of the Fund.
• Articulate the shareholder perspective and provide leadership and direction required to shape the future of ZIMDEF and ensure its financial and operational sustainability.
• Develop commercially sound strategies in line with the mandate of the Fund and cognisant of the evolving technologies.
• Ensure that the Fund increases its Market Share through the timeous collection of revenue from various employers.
• Effective and timeous cxecution/implementation of the Trustees' decisions and resolutions.
• Establish an ethos of excellence and continued improvement in the provision of the highest levels of customer service to uphold the Fund's image and its treasured pride and uniqueness.
• Ensure the development of a robust supply chain strategy to guide procurement and disposal of resources/assets and preserve the organization's value.
• Develop strategic approaches to acquire the appropriate technologies at best value to ZIMDEF.
• Adhere to sound corporate governance principles and practices that ensure effective delivery of services.
• Ensure existence, adequacy and adherence to policies that guide the Fund for effective operation.
• Foster effective human capital management practices and establish a high performance work culture.
• Ensure the effective turnaround of the Fund and improve its going concern status.
Qualifications, Competencies and Work Competencies
• Relevant University degree and a post graduate qualification e.g. MBA/MBL/Strategic Management
• Corporate Membership to a relevant professional body is an added advantage
• At least 10 years' experience of which 5 years should be at Senior Management level
• Good leadership and interpersonal skills
• Thorough understanding of Government Policies and Procedures
This is a senior position for which the Fund offers congenial working conditions. Applications in writing, giving details of qualifications and experience should be received by not later than 17 July 2019 and should be delivered to:
The Department of Human Capital Development Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund
18572 Off Mother Patrick Avenue
P. Bag CY7739
All applications must be accompanied by proof of qualification.
ZIMDEF — Your Partner in Human Capital
Created: July 07, 2019
Category: Strategic, Business Management, Consultancy
Expiry Date: July 17, 2019