The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (the Authority) is a statutory body mandated to ensure the provision of a level playing field for safe, reliable and sustainable energy supply through effective regulation. The Authority seeks the services of a highly competent, professional and results oriented individual who is able take the organisation to a higher level in the following role:
GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER: ( FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
Reporting directly to the Senior Economic Regulation Manager the Key Job FunCtiOns of this position will be assisting the Senior Economic Regulation Manager in;
i Developing, operating and maintaining the Authority's GIS structures for GIS data storage.
• Working with departmental GIS users to capture information for use within the system, whilst enforcing procedures for maintaining.
Providing a specialist design service for exhibitions, brochures and information displays for both internal and public presentations.
3 Maintaining the currency, accuracy and integrity of all GIS systems and data to high standards.
Accountability f or the Authority's structures.
* Manipulation, analysing and presenting geographical information by creating programs to convert GIS information from one format to another.
* Producing and maintaining maps of all energy sites.
• Planning and implementing GIS projects.
ci Liaise with other departments to define their data requirements for spatial information.
* Management of the GIS server environment and related GIS hardware and software
Key Job Requirements:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
* Degree in Geography Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Geography, Software Engineering or a related field and extensive comparable relevant experience.
ci At least 3 years' experience in a similar role.
ci Proven knowledge, experience and understanding of GIS software and hardware administration, development and maintenance methods including web-based and mobile technologies.
* Strategicplanning with excellent interpersonal and communication.
ci Highly developed IT, presentation and report writing skills.
A self -starter who is detail and deadline oriented and has ability to work under pressure.
* Effective team working and networking skills.
Prospective candidates for this position should email their CVs to email@example.com or hand deliver their CVs by no later than 15 July 2019 to:
The Human Resources Manager Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) 14th Floor Century Towers,
45 Samora Machel Avenue
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
ZERA is a member of the Deloitte TIP- OFFS
Created: July 07, 2019
Category: Ict, Design
Expiry Date: July 15, 2019