CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY OF ZIMBABWE
Our Client the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ) was established through the Civil Aviation Act, [Cap 13:16] to promote safe, secure and efficient usage of the airspace and the national airports system in an environmentally compliant manner. The Authority regulates the development and operation of aviation in the country and advises the Government on all matters relating to the development of domestic and international civil aviation. CAAZ wishes to fill in an executive position and the specifications are detailed below
Reporting to the Director General, this position exists to account for all the revenue, expenditure, and surpluses on behalf of the shareholder and to provide management with accurate and timely information on the financial performance of the business. The position also exists to support the attainment of CAAZ's objectives through the implementation of quality management systems.
The job includes the following key principal accountabilities:
• Contributes towards the strategy development of the organisation through the development of medium and long term plans which are based on the planned activities and strategies for the business.
• Through sound financial controls, ensures timely processing of accurate, reliable financials and management accounting reports so as to maintain the credibility of financial information for CAAZ.
• Provides the Director General and the Board with technical expertise in finance and its impact on the success of the business.
• Oversees the treasury management function and ensures the reduction of the Authority's debt through effective credit control and collection of debt systems.
• Manages the capital financing function of the business and provides recommendations on the appropriate funding structures of CAAZ as well as ensure that all investments are consistent with the CAAZ objectives.
• Participates in the management of risk through effective and sound financial instruments.
• Provides leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team in line with the organisation's objectives.
• Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System by ensuring the establishment and appraisal of all operational procedures in the department.
The successful candidate must be a I Chartered Accountant with 6 years experience, 3 being at senior managerial level I OR have a University Degree in Accounting and 8 years post qualification experience, 3 being at senior managerial level I A professional qualification i.e CIMA/ACCA/CIS is essential while an MBA is an added advantage. Commercial and Public Sector experience is essential. The ability to develop appropriate ICT systems to achieve strategic goals is key. Knowledge of the aviation industry is a distinct advantage. Candidate
must have broad organisational awareness and be of high integrity.
Interested candidates should submit their latest applications and detailed CVs to LoriMak Executive Recruitment email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 28 June 2019.
Created: June 13, 2019
Category: Accounting, Finance
Expiry Date: June 28, 2019