Qualifications and skills
Masters Degree in Library and Information Science.Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years
working experience at a senior management level in a University environment or a tertiary institution
of higher learning or research institution. High energy, self-motivated, good interaction skills
Ability to work under pressure without supervision
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees, coordinates and performs the integrated activities of the University Libraries
- Manages and supervises the activities of the University’s branch Libraries.
- Identifies and resolves problems and assign work activities to library staff.
- Reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures.
- Coordinates and directs the maintenance of Library facilities.
- Develops and implements of strategic planning goals and objectives.
- Recommends and administers policies, objectives, priorities and procedures.
- Preparation of the library budget and supervises the expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Identification of new information trends and the implementation of new technologies.
- Identifies and develops strategic opportunities and directions for the Library.
- Works towards the continuous growth of the staff’s professional knowledge and skills.
- Liases with academic staff on library collection development.
- Overseas and manages the Library’s electronic resources collections.
- Ensures that all e-resources training programs for staff and students in accessing e-resources are
- Overseas the management of the Library’s Institutional Repository and educate the University
community on intellectual property rights.
- Facilitates the effective marketing of all library services.
- Develops and maintains quality assurance processes.
- Stocking the library with appropriate library collections.
- Supervises library staff
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
The University offers,
• A highly attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with the University Terms
and Conditions of Service.
• MedicalAid, and Pension benefits.
• Afive (5) year performance –related renewable contract.
• The full details of the conditions of service will be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
Expression of Interest
Expression of interest must be accompanied by six (6) sets of certified copies of birth and academic
certificates, as well as Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and
date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names
and email addresses of three contactable referees.All envelopes should clearly indicate the post
being applied for.Applications should be received not later than 21June 2019.Applications should be
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University (ZEGU) is inviting suitably qualified personnel to fill in the following posts:
ZIMBABWE EZEKIEL GUTI UNIVERSITY
Chairman of the Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University Council
c/o The Registrar
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University
Stand No. 1901 Barrassie Rd, Off Shamva Rd
P.O. Box 350, Bindura, Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University,
Harare Teaching and Learning Centre,
8836 Hampden Road, Belvedere,
Email: – email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Created: June 12, 2019
Category: Journalism, Media, Library, Communications
Expiry Date: June 21, 2019