Dean of Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting.
Qualifications and Skills
• Adoctoral degree in related specialized field
• At least five years high-level academic management experience
• Strategic planning experience within a tertiary education environment
• At least ten years’ experience in a tertiary institution with active involvement in teaching and research
and publications in accredited journals
• Experience in dealing with regulatory affairs and quality audit processes within the Higher and Tertiary
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participation in the updating of academic policies and procedures
• Academic monitoring (including class visits, lecturer evaluations, module evaluations, etc)
• Ensuring the successful functioning of advisory committees for the subject disciplines and programs
in the faculty
• Establish and maintain relationships with relevant role-players to obtain and maintain appropriate
certifications by industry and professional bodies
• Control and quality assurance (QA) of all academic activities including curriculum development,
teaching, assessment and research
• Participation various meetings including, amongst other, Senate meetings, University Management
meeting,Academic Board meetings,
• Provide academic leadership and ensure the high quality and success of all academic services
provided to the faculty’s clients including, amongst other, students, parents and the community at all
• Manage, monitor, develop and evaluate academic programs within the Faculty
• Chairperson of regular faculty staff meetings, as well as of theAdvisory Committee(s) within the
• Overall management of the faculty and all its resources and operations
• Management of human resources in the faculty
• Ensuring that appropriate staff is appointed for all courses taught within the faculty. This includes the
recruitment, selection and retaining of staff
• Implementation of appropriate faculty orientation procedures for staff on different campuses.
• Leadership in teaching including active participation in teaching where and when possible
• Leadership in research including active participation in research activities
• Liaison with academic colleagues and relevant expertise in the field and industry to ensure ongoing
development and quality of programs
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
The University offers,
• Ahighly attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with the University Terms
and Conditions of Service.
• MedicalAid, and Pension benefits.
• Afive (5) year performance –related renewable contract.
• The full details of the conditions of service will be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
Expression of Interest
Expression of interest must be accompanied by six (6) sets of certified copies of birth and academic
certificates, as well as Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and
date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names
and email addresses of three contactable referees.All envelopes should clearly indicate the post
being applied for.Applications should be received not later than 21June 2019.Applications should be
Chairman of the Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University Council
c/o The Registrar
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University
Stand No. 1901 Barrassie Rd, Off Shamva Rd
P.O. Box 350, Bindura, Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University,
Harare Teaching and Learning Centre,
8836 Hampden Road, Belvedere,
Email: – email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Created: June 12, 2019
Category: Graduate Trainees, Apprenticeship, Attachment
Expiry Date: June 21, 2019