Pro Vice Chancellor Academic, Research and Administration
The candidate should possess the following key competencies:
Qualifications and Skills
• Be a holder of an earned Doctorate Degree from a recognised University with a minimum of twenty
(20) scholarly publications in reputable journals as at the time of appointment. Full or Associate
Professorship would be an added advantage,
• Have at least five (5) years working experience at the level of Dean or Senior Management position
in a Higher and Tertiary Education or Research institution.
• Have proven management capacity including knowledge of financial management, strategic people
management and be able to generate financial support from both public and private sectors,
• Ability to formulate and communicate a clear academic vision within a teaching and research setting.
Willingness to take on the challenge of laying the academic and research foundations of a new
• Excellent entrepreneurial skills including proven budgetary, management and teamwork skills in
an academic institution, and clear understanding of the social, financial and political implications on
• Ability to collaborate and relate effectively with all the University stakeholders including external
bodies / regulatory or government institutions / senior industry executives and the wider community is
a key requirement to achieve the University goals and objectives.
• Must demonstrate personal commitment to excellence
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the incumbent’s duties include:
• Oversees academic policy development and implementation,
• Assists the Vice Chancellor with the management of the core academic functions of the University,
• Participates as a key member of the University’s Senior Management and collaborates with the
Executive team to develop the strategy and direction of the University,
• Supervises senior staff including academic Deans and Directors,
• Promotes innovation in teaching and learning to ensure a rich student-centred environment across
• Facilitates and promotes inter-disciplinary programmes, studies and research,
• Oversees and works collaboratively with Deans to develop academic curricula and programmes,
• Oversees the recruitment process to hire qualified professors, lecturer’s, instructors, staff and other
personnel within the division of academic affairs,
• Leads the development, implementation and monitoring of academic support programmes and
services to ensure student success,
• Confers regularly with academic Deans and Directors to plan, coordinate and evaluate instructional
facilities to support teaching and learning activities,
• Facilitates community/civic and industry engagement, including development of partnership with
business and industry as well as other institutions,
• Undertakes any other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice Chancellor and other relevant
• Assisting in promoting efficient resource mobilization and utilization, which reflect the core business
and mandate of the institution
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
The University offers,
• Ahighly attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with the University Terms
and Conditions of Service.
• MedicalAid, and Pension benefits.
• Afive (5) year performance –related renewable contract.
• The full details of the conditions of service will be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
Expression of Interest
Expression of interest must be accompanied by six (6) sets of certified copies of birth and academic
certificates, as well as Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and
date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names
and email addresses of three contactable referees.All envelopes should clearly indicate the post
being applied for.Applications should be received not later than 21June 2019.Applications should be
Chairman of the Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University Council
c/o The Registrar
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University
Stand No. 1901 Barrassie Rd, Off Shamva Rd
P.O. Box 350, Bindura, Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University,
Harare Teaching and Learning Centre,
8836 Hampden Road, Belvedere,
Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Created: June 12, 2019
Category: Human Resources, She, Teaching, Training
Expiry Date: June 21, 2019