Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following post that has arisen within the Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund (ZIMDEF) — an equal opportunity employer.
POST: MAIN REGISTRY SUPERVISOR - HARARE
The jobholder performs a variety of first-line supervisory and complex technical duties designed to expedite the administrative processes and procedures related to documenting, maintaining and controlling Fund's records and stocks. Performs a variety of complex and confidential secretarial and administrative duties for the Fund.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Managing the day to day operations of the Main Records Section through monitoring work flow, data accuracy and overall quality, assuring processes and procedures are accomplished according to established guidelines and regulations, analyzing processes and procedures and making recommendations for changes and implementing changes upon approval.
• Supporting smooth flow of Fund operations by ensuring efficient management of mail that is, both incoming and outgoing through receiving, collecting and/or delivering to intended offices.
• Maintaining proper records, checking all mails and classifying them in their respective order and timeously ensuring that all mails reach the intended destinations.
• Supervising the operation and operate office machines in relation to the registry function.
• Liaising with all courier services to ensure timeous delivery and collection of mail.
• Keenly tracks the movement of files, ensures that no record or file leaves the registry without proper authorization and guards against the damage or loss of documents or other related risks.
• Maintaining the Security Register for receiving and issuing of security items.
• Making requisitions for all stationery and office consumables needed for the section to allow smooth flow of operations.
• Assuring departmental compliance with legal guidelines for release of information to anyone within or outside the Fund.
• Ensuring safe custody of all stocks to include stationery and office consumables.
• Monitoring and ensuring that resources are being used efficiently in order to manage operating costs.
• Checking and ensuring that proper records are kept for all requested stationery and office consumables.
• Managing and supervising Main Records personnel to include hiring recommendations, monitoring and evaluating performance and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions.
Qualifications, Competencies and Work Competencies
• Degree in Records Management or equivalent
• A minimum of three years' relevant work experience
• Any relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage
• Good knowledge of SAP — Records Management
• High level of integrity and confidentiality a must
• Clean class 4 driver's licence
Eligible candidates (female candidates are encouraged to apply) are invited to submit their applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae including certified copies of certificates, and the names of 3 contactable referees under confidential cover not later than 24 June, 2019 to:
Human Capital Development Manager
Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund
18572 Off Mother Patrick Avenue
P. Bag CY7739 Causeway
NB: Only short listed candidates will be advised.
Created: June 07, 2019
Category: Journalism, Media, Library, Communications
Expiry Date: June 21, 2019