Finance and Administration Officer
Post Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Contract Duration: 3 months
Application Deadline: 10 June 2019
Hope for Adolescents and Youth is a registered Trust with a focus on youth empowerment and development particularly through an enhanced focus on ASRH ,HIV ,gender justice empowerment ,youth leadership and entrepreneurship and livelihoods. The promotion of gender equality and ICT are cross cutting issues that influence all interventions. HOPE works tireless to promote ASRH programmes and policies to cut adolescents and youth health and economic needs on the national agenda. HOPE set out a vision for the changes in the lives of adolescents and youth and prioritizes the most vulnerable and marginalised adolescents and youth. HOPE works to improve their health and their ability to actively participate in the economic sphere and decision making processes that affect their lives whether these decisions are made at individual, familial and community or national levels.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Finance and Administration Officer’s tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
· Financial forecasting during project proposal and implementation phases;
· Financial management of several projects simultaneously;
· Preparation and timely submission of financial reports;
· Establish a project –level budget monitoring and reporting system;
· Process payments, files and archive all relevant documents ( vouchers ,invoices);
· Maintenance of sub-ledgers and their subsequent general ledger reconciliations and analysis of variances.
· Ensure that all purchase requisitions has adequate supporting documents and timely payments of vendors.
· Conduct petty cash spot checks, reconciling petty cash books and recording.
· Preparation of project proposal with required budgets, human resources, and financial reports;
· Timely payment and reconciliation of all office; utilities, licences and rentals.
· Vendor payments , reconciliation and accounts receivable processing.
· Managing Human resource administration including payroll, annual and sick leave management;
· Filing office files;
· Development of new organisational policies and updating existing policies;
· Reviewing existing finance and administration systems and establishing new policies and procedures for increased efficiency;
· Conducting other duties necessary for the effective and efficient financial and administrative management of HOPE.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting ,Business Administration or equivalent
· At least 3 years relevant continuous work experience in a finance and administrative functions;
· Experience with donor funded projects will be an added advantage;
· Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis;
· Competency with Accounting Packages (Pastel, QuickBooks) and spreadsheet processes.
· High integrity ,strong result orientation ,drive for excellence and takes initiative;
· Fluency in English required; working knowledge of other language would be an added advantage;
· Excellent communication and analytical skills;
· Be a team player and have client focus;
· Good interpersonal skills and result orientation;
· Work experience with MS Office applications is a must.
Please address applications to email@example.com
Applications should include a full CV and letter of motivation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Created: June 06, 2019
Category: Accounting, Finance
Expiry Date: June 14, 2019