Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender
parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
VICE CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE - INCUBATION HUB
The Director will report tothe Vice-Chancellor and will spear head technology transfer activities and the commercialisation of innovations from University research outputs.
The position has arisen in line with the new concept of education 5.0 that has seen the extension of the University's mandate to include innovation and industrialization.
The incumbent will be responsible for building strong relationships among academic departments, corporate and technical partners and a multi-disciplinary Innovation Hub team in the development of new products and services. The successful candidate will need to possess both technical and commercial expertise to guide activities involved in the commercialisation of University research output and other market related business opportunities.
Key Performance Areas
The Director is expected to carry out the following key responsibilities:
• Development of comprehensive business plans and strategies for the Incubation/Innovation Hub
• Commercial Project Management and Line- management of innovation/incubation hub projects staff
• Economic evaluation of projects, and coordination of laboratory research and development ( R & D) activities
• Create project proposals, technology reports and assessments and contribute to pipeline development.
• Fundraising and Marketing of business ventures;
• Intellectual Property Management, licensing and Commercialisation ;
• Management of Innovation/Incubation Hub Facilities and Industrial Park programmes.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 5 (five) years experience in senior management position;
• A PhD with Masters Degree in a Science related discipline.
• Experience in Research and Development/Postdoctoral research experience would be an advantage;
• Evidence technopreneural aptitude and success in a technology driven scientific/industrial environment.
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates and transcripts and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
Midlands State University P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is Thursday 14 June 2019.
Created: June 02, 2019
Category: Strategic, Business Management, Consultancy
Expiry Date: June 14, 2019