Position Title: Nutrition Officer - World Vision
Location: Chimanimani / Chipinge
Purpose of the Position:
To provide field leadership, support and facilitate planning, implementation and monitoring of health and nutrition projects, as part of the ongoing Cyclone Emergency Response with emphasis on community organization, participation, education in liaison with key stakeholders in line with national policies & protocols and World Vision International (WVI) policies and values.
• Strengthen capacity for active screening for early identification and referral of children with acute malnutrition through refresher training for VHWs and Lead Mothers
• Facilitate the distribution and use of essential nutrition commodities including micronutrient powders for children 6 to 59 months, pregnant and lactating women (VAS, MNPs, Iron and folate for pregnant women and increased consumption of fortified staple foods) especially at community level through community health workers including revitalization /establishment of OTP sites and providing transportation for commodities to health facilities
• Facilitating capacity building of MOHCC staff (Nurses, EHTs) and community health workers on IYCF-E.
• Facilitate facility based training/refresher training of Nurses, EHTs, VHWs on Integrated Management of Moderate Acute Malnutrition (IMAM)
• Support community based IYCF-E and nutrition counselling through VHWs/care groups specifically where cash and/or food assistance intervention are provided.
• Strengthen the nutrition reporting system at facility and district level through participation in the monthly review and reporting coordination meetings at district and health facility level in Chimanimani district.
• Facilitate the identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sustainable health and nutrition activities by communities.
• Contribute to the development of training curricula, tools and related resources for workshops and seminars.
• Support in sharing and gathering information with / from local communities in the project site in order to improve Nutrition standards in the community.
• Promote development of local policies that support improved food and nutrition habits for infants, young children, youth and women.
• Attend focused group discussions and other related Community level meeting to identify constraints to success of nutrition interventions.
• Support engagement of communities in improved nutrition practice including promotion of traditional food security structures.
• Enhance the sustainability of program activities through ensuring community and stakeholder involvement and participation in the project cycle.
• Follow up on development of emergencies, report developments to the Team Leader and participate in emergency relief when it occurs in the district
• Facilitate the screening of acute malnourished children for reference to local health centres for treatment
• Facilitate the capacity building of ward based Food and Nutrition Security Committees
• Facilitate the building of capacities of communities in implementing, monitoring and evaluating of projects.
• Develop and disseminate IEC (Information, Education and Communication) materials
Knowledge and Skills:
• Degree in Nutrition or Food Sciences.
• At least 3 years’ experience in community development work.
• Good understanding of health and nutrition trends in Zimbabwe
• Ability to engage and work with government institutions
• Financial management and budgeting for accountability of resources and an in-depth knowledge of project design, project management, project implementation and proposal writing is essential
• Good communication and engagement skills
Created: May 17, 2019
Category: Applied Sciences, Aviation
Expiry Date: May 22, 2019