Job Title: Production Statistics Division Director
Reporting to: Director General
Reporting to the Director General. the job holder will be charged with the responsibility of
managing, coordinating, advising and directing the provision of a wide range of high quality economic statistics collected through censuses and surveys.
Responsibilities and Duties (Principal accountabilities, key result areas, main tasks or activities):
1. Strategic planning and budgeting for the Division
2. Resource mobilization for statistical activities
3. Coordination and management of operations and day to day activities of the Division
4. Provide technical and administrative oversight over Departments under the Division, including supervision and appraisal of staff
5. Enforces implementation of relevant Acts, procedures, standards, regulations, etc.
6. Determining appropriate methodology and dissemination methods for each statistical system
7. Allocate resources and personnel, and monitor and evaluate statistical activities and expenditures in the Division, including progress reports
8. Represent the Agency where key decisions pertaining to statistical issues are made including attending local, regional, international meetings on behalf of the Agency
9. Monitoring and Evaluation of statistical activities and expenditures in the Division. including progress reports
10. Advocacy for Statistics and assessing methods for meeting user demands
11. Drawing annual work-plans for the Division
Qualifications and Work Experience:
At least a first degree from a reputable university in Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or equivalent with a quantitative bias, or
Graduate Diploma in Statistics front the Royal Statistical Society of the UK
A Master's degree in any of the above degrees is desirable.
Membership to a relevant professional Statics Board is a distinct advantage
Have at least 10 years working experience in relevant field 3 of which at Managerial level and above.
Computer literate and conversant with the computer packages used in data processing and analysis
Knowledge of international best practices in censuses and surveys undertaking procedures
Ability to work under pressure
Reliable with good judgement
Must be a team player, an excellent communicator with good oral communication and presentation skills.
Interested candidates possessing the requisite specifications are invited to submit their applications including current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications no later than 31 May 2019 to the Acting Director General. Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency, P O Box CY342 Causeway.
Created: May 16, 2019
Category: Accounting, Finance
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: May 31, 2019