Reporting To Program Director
Job Type Classification Long Term Contract
Higherlife Foundation is seeking the services of a highly skilled and experienced Head of Job Creation and Sustainable Livelihoods who will be responsible for developing and implementing programs related to job creation and sustainable livelihoods in the various communities. this person must be a self starter with an entreprenurial mindset who is a goal getter and able to work with minimum supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
• First Degree in Economics / Development Studies/ Entrepreneurship or equivalent
• Master’s degree in relevant field is a requirement
• Professional qualifications in research and data management are added advantages
• Minimum of 6 -8 years’ experience in similar or related high level position
• Degree-level qualification or equivalent experience in international development, conservation or sustainable livelihoods
• Possess sound knowledge of development frameworks and contemporary global issues.
• Familiarity with the use of project management tools including Logical Frameworks, Theory of Change models, Budgets Activity Plans and Monitoring & Evaluation frameworks.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with demonstrable ability in gathering and assimilating facts and data from various sources.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense of responsibility, personal initiative, and follow-through;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment;
• Ability to work as part of a team and to coordinate across departments;
• Ability to travel in remote areas
• Ability and desire to develop, support and manage a team of staff,
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Key Result Areas
• Contributes to, and participates in the development of the Job Creation & Sustainable Livelihoods Strategic Plan.
• Provides technical expertise and advocacy on job creation, sustainable livelihoods and institutions (homes) management,
• Reviews and evaluates job creation and sustainable livelihoods programs and devises interventions in line with HLF objectives and goals.
• Identifies and engages with stakeholder through visits attending functions/conferences and collaboration in all on institutions (homes) management, job creation and sustainable livelihoods programming activities.
• Provides technical expertise and leadership on job and opportunity creation projects in line with HLF strategic goals.
• Promotes the development of technical skills amongst unemployed youths in line with identified opportunities or ongoing projects.
• Receives and reviews project proposals from unemployed youths and undertakes feasibility studies for recommending to the Program Director.
• Builds households capacity and knowledge through provision of training and technical know-how to support sustainable rural project implementation.
• Oversees the development of training manuals for HLF funded projects such as (poultry, piggery, cattle fattening etc.) to guide beneficiaries of HLF funding.
• Receives and reviews individual’s rural household’s projects proposals and makes appropriate suggestions where necessary.
• Recommends for approval of funding for identified rural household projects in line with approved funding guidelines.
• Liaises with Steward Bank to prepare funding guidelines for project for submission to the Program Director for approval.
• Reviews and evaluates sustainable/re-imagine rural projects and programs and devises interventions in line with HLF objectives and goals.
• Identifies agricultural market chains that can benefit local communities and projects funded by HLF.
• Oversees the proper and efficient management of HLF supported institutions in line with the relevant legislation, organisational values policies and procedures
• Co-ordinates and monitors casework and administrative functions of all institutions in line with expected standards of performance
• Checks and monitors the budget on monthly basis, identifies variances and takes appropriate action in the event of budget overruns/under expenditure
Created: May 13, 2019
Category: Strategic, Business Management, Consultancy
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: May 17, 2019