The General manager will be heading a group of consolidated entities operating in the
educational, design, logistics and petroleum sectors under a consolidated entity. The General
Manager should be familiar with all areas of the business and must be able to coordinate
processes, operations across and administrative functions of the organization. The general
manager must understand the, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Operations, IT and
Marketing and Legal and risk departments of the organisation.
The specific roles and responsibilities include:
1. Plan, coordinate, manage business operations and integrate the strategic direction of a
2. Link strategic level and the operational level.
3. Report to the board of directors about the operation of the organisation.
4. Manage the cash flow, conduct risk assessments within the company
5. Assessing, measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of the business strategies and
recommend improvements of the business strategies.
6. Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for
7. Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term
and long-term objectives
8. Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing
9. Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and
are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
10. Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
11. Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s
legality and business ethics
12. Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
13. Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company
survival and growth
14. Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and companies’ industry
Attributes & Skills
The following attributes and skills are required for the general manager vacancy:
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Strategic thinking
3. Business acumen
4. Agility and adaptability
6. Results driven
7. Financial management
8. Good analytical and problem solving skills
9. Ability to resolve conflicts
10. Knowledge of corporate governance and management best practices.
1. A relevant Business degree, upper second class
2. A postgraduate degree in Business Administration or any relevant degree is an added
3. More than 5 years experience in a senior managerial position.
Applicants are invited to fill in an application form accessed using the following link .
NB : Please be advised that you can only use a gmail account to fill in the form.
Created: April 17, 2019
Category: Strategic, Business Management, Consultancy
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: April 26, 2019