Reporting To Chief Executive Officer
Job Type Classification Long Term Contract
Higherlife Foundation is looking for a highly experienced Program Director to provide leadership and technical oversight to all HLF programming pillars (Education, Health, Sustainable Livelihoods & Job Creation, Girl’s Empowerment and Leadership & Lifelong Development) and operational support to the organisation’s Social Business Unit Offices. As part of the executive team, the Program Director also plays an active role in planning, designing, implementation, supervision, expansion/development and administration of overall organisation’s programs in collaboration with the senior leadership team, in addition to program development and reporting responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent
• A Post Graduate Qualification is a must e.g. MBA, MBL
• Minimum of 10 years’ working experience in design, management and evaluation of education, health, sustainable livelihoods projects.
• Proven ability to define and execute strategies.
• A very good understanding and working knowledge of at least 3 of the HLF thematic areas;
• Possess strong strategic, organization and problem-solving skills that enable sound decision-making in a complex, geographically-dispersed organization.
• Previous experience in humanitarian context at senior or executive level will be an added advantage
• Experience in directly managing and supervising diverse staff.
• Significant experience in proposal development, and excellent report writing and editing skills
• Superior mentoring, professional development, people management and leadership skills; evidence of leading through change with positive outcomes; comfortable delegating to, and empowering, a talented and motivated senior leadership team and staff.
• Familiarity with humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of NGOs.
• Strong experience with project management cycle.
• Knowledge and experiences of budget preparation and management.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently following consultative processes
• Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines.
• Persuasive presentation and communication skills; ability to independently convey complex concepts to a variety of audiences.
• Possess ability to build and nurture relationships with education, health, leadership and sustainable leaders from foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies, non-governmental organizations, the private sector, universities and consulting firms.
• Possess impeccable integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and striving for continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to HLF’s approach and values.
Key Result Areas
• Leads the development of programming pillars with the Chief Executive Officer and supported by the pillar Heads,
• Works closely with Heads of Pillars to manage the programs to ensure their objectives are being met and impact achieved.
• In collaboration with the CEO and Heads of pillars, lead the development of concept notes, project proposals, budgets, and program initiatives.
• Proactively oversee all projects through all components of the project management cycle working closely with Pillar Heads to identify areas for quality improvement and initiate communication between technical, operations and finance leads in the organisation.
• Provide technical support and oversight to all Pillar Heads.
• Maintain working relationship with the Government of Zimbabwe line ministries and other partners, in the relevant clusters and interface with them on a regular basis.
• Provide guidance and support for curriculum development and training for program staffs and local partners as needed.
• In collaboration with the Head of SBU Operations, M&E Manager, oversee the collection and timely reporting of all programs according to internal requirements, ensuring strict compliance with requirements/reporting deadlines
• Attend coordination meetings relevant to the organisation’s programs as requested by the CEO.
• Represent the organization at any task force meetings, UN coordination meetings, NGO coordination meetings, as appropriate
• Ensure maximum visibility of the organization amongst the other partners in the country.
• Provide guidance in the selection, recruitment, and training of program staff;
• Technically supervise, orient, monitor, and evaluate program staff in close collaboration with Pillar Heads.
• Maintain open lines of communication with all program staff and service departments
• Determines training needs for program staff and facilitate the participation of these staffs in necessary trainings in order to build capacity and increase job responsibilities.
• Maintain regular communication with CEO, other Senior Management Team members and field-level senior staff to ensure program activities and objectives are achieved.
• Works with Finance Director and Operations Director to ensure the coordination of timely delivery of programs.
• Promotes and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the Programs Team
Created: April 17, 2019
Category: Ngo, Social Services, Kubatana
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: April 25, 2019