Reporting To Program Director
Job Type Classification Long Term Contract
Job Purpose This role will be responsible and accountable for the education section (Education Support & Skills Development, High Flyers and Quality of Education) of the organisation and ensuring the achievement of the Strategic goals and objectives in line with the agreed Strategic Intent. The successful incumbent will plan, coordinate and manage Higherlife Foundation’s educational programs including day to day operations, as well as actively participating in strategic planning for the Foundation.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline
• Minimum of 8 years of demonstrable relevant Research experience and/or demonstrable relevant Education experience.
• Good understanding of the overall global development context, including issues such as education, health, sustainable development and girl’s empowerment.
• Good knowledge of global developments in education and international engagement strategies, including the application of the equity lens and human rights perspectives to programming.
• Good ability to support policy dialogue: translation of analytical findings and evidence into development programme and policy discussions around equity and learning with partners, including government, development partners and academia in relevant areas.
• Good education sector planning knowledge/ability, including the range of modalities for delivering education, linkages between different sub-sectors (e.g. ECD, Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Inclusive Education), cost-effectiveness and efficiency issues, key institutional structures, components and processes, as well as governance issues.
• Good understanding of gender and inequity issues in relation to education and development and the application of gender / equity analysis to policy and planning in education.
• Possess good Leadership and supervision skills
• Be good at formulating strategies and concepts in the education space
• Ability to communicate and model to staff positive behaviours which help them remain resilient and effective in dynamic and high pressure environments
Key Result Areas
• Develops the Education strategic direction, goals and objectives for the Organisation in liaison with the Program Director.
• Prepares and delivers the annual operating plans for the Education functions (High Flyers, Quality, and Education Support and Skills under the supervision of the Program Director.
• Identifies the resources and develops plan to deliver the required educational support or interventions under the Education sections.
• Promotes critical thinking, innovative approaches and good practices for sustainable education programme initiatives through advocacy and technical advisory services.
• Keep abreast, research, benchmark, introduce and implement best and cutting edge practices on education management and information systems. Institutionalize and disseminate best practices and knowledge learned.
• Contribute to the development of policies and procedures, and introduce innovation and best practices to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programmes and projects.
• Organize, plan and implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of stakeholders to promote sustainable results on education related programme s/projects.
• Identifies key trends and needs in education and design programmatic responses including preparation of program descriptions and narratives for approval by the Program Director.
• Develops and nurtures relationships with key stakeholders such as school, districts, the government and development partners.
• Develops budgets for education programs and tracking to ensure that programs operate within financial parameters set forth.
• Oversees the formulation and implementation of education specific projects or interventions to support HLF strategic goals.
• Directs and oversees the Content Development for Primary and Secondary schools in line with the relevant Ministry’s curriculum requirements.
• Oversees the Ruzivo Usage roll-out and provision of required resources to SBUs as per identified technology ready schools and areas nationally.
• Drives the usage and brand visibility of the Ruzivo Digital Learning Platform.
• Directs and ensures access to Education through the various scholarships at primary, secondary and Tertiary level nationally and internationally.
• Manages HLF’s High Flyers through overseeing formulation of operational plans for the execution of Admissions, Career Development, and Student & Alumni Support for High Fliers Pillar.
• Directs and reviews the talent identification & recruitment of beneficiaries onto the scholarship program.
• Oversees the transforming of the education team culture characterized by compliance, ethics, and integrity in service performance and facilitates/counsels staff on various work and personal issues to ensure an emotionally stable and productive workforce.
• Carries out evaluation of staff, identifies performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranges for necessary action (for example further on the job training)
Created: April 17, 2019
Category: Human Resources, She, Teaching, Training
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: May 1, 2019