Reporting To Chief Executive Officer
Job Type Classification: Long Term Contract
Higherlife Foundation is looking for a highly experienced and results driven individual to direct, and hold accountability for the supports functions (People and Performance, IT, Marketing), of the organisations to ensure the achievement of the Strategic goals and objectives in line with the Strategic Intent. The job is also responsible for creating and executing operating plans for all functions under their control.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a Commercial Degree i.e. Business Management, Finance,
• 8 – 10 years’ working experience with 2 years at Executive Level.
• A Post Graduate Qualification is a must.
• Be a strategic thinker with good analytical and report writing skills.
• Possess project planning and management skills
• Stakeholder Management Skills
• Demonstrated leadership and management ability.
• Possess good financial management analysis
• Understanding of the humanitarian system, particularly the systems, structures and key actors.
• Ability to lead operational planning processes.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders as well as staff.
• Ability to analyse and make decisions in challenging situations in the absence of specific guidance and/or full information.
• Ability to communicate and model to staff positive behaviours which help them remain resilient and effective in dynamic and high pressure environments.
Key Result Areas
• Participates with other Executives in the identification of strategic direction, goals and objectives for the Organisation.
• Identifies the resources and develops plans required to deliver the required support services or interventions to support the organisation’s 5 core pillars;
• Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output for support functions.
• Ensures that each Operations functions (People & Performance, IT, Marketing, Communications) is correctly structured and resourced and operating at the required standards to achieve medium and short term goals.
• Monitors Operations Team performance to ensure that agreed goals and time schedules are being achieved as per the overall Strategy.
• Facilitates coordination and communication between support functions and programming functions.
• Establish and implement internal reporting system in coordination with the CEO.
• Develops the annual Operations financial budget and submitting this to the CEO for approval and Finance Director for inclusion into the HLF Annual Business Plan.
• Oversees the compliance with applicable legal, regulatory, ethical, HLF Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, and other corporate compliance requirements in line with HLF mission, values and strategy.
• Identifies risks to HLF strategy implementation and designs adequate internal controls in order to mitigate risk within HLF Operations functions in line with strategy
• Ensures the provision of Operations support services and advice, towards the achievement of agreed objectives and takes appropriate action when required.
• Ensures the enablement, implementation and compliance of the requisite HLF policies and processes, legal requirements and Governance Best Practice at all times.
• Utilizes financial data to improve efficiencies and recommends effective strategies for the financial well-being of the organisation.
• Oversees the transforming of the corporate culture characterized by compliance, ethics, and integrity in service performance and facilitates/counsels staff on various work and personal issues to ensure an emotionally stable and productive workforce.
Created: April 17, 2019
Category: Strategic, Business Management, Consultancy
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: April 30, 2019