MINISTRY OF WOMEN AFFAIRS, COMMUNITY, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO EVALUATE EMPOWERMENT FUNDS
Start Date: 3 June 2019
Number of working days : 40 Days
Reporting to Permanent Secretary
• The Ministry administers two empowerment Funds namely the Women's Development Fund and the Community Development Fund.
The two Statutory funds receive annual budgetary support from treasury support from treasury
Grants and concessionary loans are disbursed from the funds targeting disadvantaged and marginalized groups of women communities
DELIVERABLES OF THE CONSULTANCY
• Under the supermen of the Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small anal Medium Enterprises Development Gender and Community Development, the Consultant(S) will be expected to evaluate.
• Review legal states of the funds.
• Effectiveness of evaluation procedures and disbursement modalities.
• Relevance and effectiveness, the funds and funding models.
• Impact funds on the intended beneficiaries.
• Lessons Learnt
• The relationship complementarily between the funds and Zimbabwe Women Microfinance Bonk and other funds
• Recommendations on improving the relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the funds.
• The Consultant is expected to develop a schedule of activities with timelines (programme of work)
• Activities should include but not limited to:
• Draft inception report;
• Desk review;
• Conducting consultative meetings with key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
• Field visits to projects
• Draft report.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
• A minimum of Master's degree in Business Management \ Accounting Social Sciences or related fields, a PhD will be an added advantage.
• At least 7 years’ experience in community development and Women empowerment
• Proven experience in research in research, Programme management, monitoring and evaluation
• Demonstrated oral, written and analytical skills
• The ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
COMPOSITION OF THE TEAM
• Individual consultancy
• 40 Working Days
• This will be negotiated with the successful candidates(s).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Procedures specified in Part VII and of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chapter 22:23) and Part VI of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (General) Regulations, 2018 (Statutory instruments 5 of 2018) Copies of the Act are available on the website of the Procurement Authority of Zimbabwe
Submissions of Applications
Interested candidates requested to hand deliver a letter of interest clearly marked “TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO EVALUATE EMPOWEREMENT FUNDS” outlining your relevant background and experience and accompanied by a research proposal to
Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development,
Corner Livingstone Avenue and 5th Street, Harare by 21 May 2019.
Created: April 17, 2019
Category: Strategic, Business Management, Consultancy
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: May 21, 2019