The ideal candidate must have a passion for trading and should have an understanding
of the intricacies of global financial markets. Candidate must be alert and able to work
under pressure making decisions on the fly. The ideal candidate must be able to work for
long hours as well as outside office hours. Candidate should also have a willingness to
learn and develop strong abilities in both technical and fundamental analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Assist the Trader with the following;
● Market Forecasting & Interpretation - Produce high value market forecasts that
appeal to investment managers, providing insightful analysis and commentary.
● Examining and assessing economic and market trends, earnings prospects,
financial statements and various other indicators and factors to determine
suitable investment strategies.
● Have an appreciation of the relationship between economic, political environment
and the market trends.
● Looking back at previous investment decisions and the thought process of making
the investment decision.
● Monitor closely financial press and keep a track of market trends, opportunities,
risks and new investment products.
● Continuously research on new investment opportunities and funds that could
enhance or diversify portfolios.
● Develop complex financial models and analyse legal documents.
● Reporting - Author strategic market reports in a highly readable and
contemporary format that provide insight and value to investment managers.
● Provide accurate and on time data/reports to Traders, along with adding basic
interpretation and summary of findings, provide extra analysis, insight and
interpretation of data.
● Confidently explain statistical results and answer any questions the Trader may
have about the data.
● Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes
and trends affecting industries in Zimbabwe and out.
● Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of day-to-day activities.
● Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Work
with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content
and functionality across the terminal.
● To contribute to press articles, news and social media, conference and client
presentations, press release and promotional activities as required.
● At least an undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
(studying towards a professional course will be an added advantage, CFA,
Actuarial, CMT etc)
● An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of global
financial and capital markets.
● Excellent knowledge of research methodologies & statistical analysis.
● A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Financial Macro Development.
● Knowledge of VBA and/or SQL is an advantage.
● Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
● Demonstrable research, data collection and analytical skills with high attention to
● Has a high level of understanding of broad data quality protocols and an ability
to view data quality and integrity from a global market perspective.
● Innovative problem-solving mind with an ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle
problems and set priorities.
● Ability to work long hours.
Applicants are invited to fill in an online job application form which can be accessed
using the following link: https://forms.gle/86T5nVyEDxUgjikSA
Note : You need a gmail account to fill in the application form
Application due date : Friday 26 April 2019
Created: April 16, 2019
Category: Accounting, Finance
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: April 26, 2019