Reporting To Head - Agribusiness
Job Purpose Cassava Smartech is looking for a versatile and dynamic Field Operations Manager to join its Agritech team. The main purpose of the position is to manage and deploy equipment which include but not limited to farming equipment and other related services.
Qualifications and Experience
• A relevant technical Degree or equivalent.
• A clean Class 3 and 4 driver’s licence
• Certificate in Supervision, management or leadership
• Experience working in an estate or farming environment with special emphasis on farming equipment maintenance.
Key Result Areas
• Manage the service and maintain of tractors and farming equipment.
• Selects, trains and supervises drivers
• Prepares a planned maintenance schedule for all farming equipment.
• Implement systems of preventative maintenance on all equipment and machines
• Contributes to the development Business Requirements Document (Business Rules) and liaison with the Head.
• Develops plan to acquire new tractor drivers and acquire new businesses to use the EcoFarmer platform
• Designs and implements strategies to improve business performance
• Designs and implements customer acquisition strategies to enhance product or service uptake and usage
• Manages client relationships, expectations, and queries and engages routinely with drivers
• Identifies gaps and constraints in achieving the plan objectives and recommends policies, promotions and action plans to cover the gaps.
• Sets and agrees targets with Tractor Drivers
• Tracks orders completed per business daily, weekly and monthly in line with the business plan
• Analyses volume, usage patterns and delivery trends performance against set targets
• Coordinates route planning, reviews tractor delivery times and traffic patterns with all drivers as needed on a daily/weekly basis
• Tests serviced tractors to ensure quality and communicates with users on vehicle performance after service
• Attends to breakdowns within set time limits and takes corrective measures to defects noted during an accident or breakdown and police reports
• Provides new product training for the various facets of the business and stakeholders
Created: April 14, 2019
Category: Engineering, Construction, Mining, Manufacturing
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: April 16, 2019