HEALTH SERVICE BOARD SECRETARIAT
Position Title: Information and Communication Technology Manager
Responsible to: General Manager Finance and Administration
Supervises: Information and Communication Technology Officers
Position Status: Permanent Full Time (40 hours a week)
Salary: Grade H2(Salary packaging opportunities exist within job role).
Hours: Normal business hours but may be required to work beyond normal hours when the situation calls for that.
Based at: Health Service Board – Harare office
Develop and implement a digital transformation strategy for the Health Services Board in support of the HSB’s vision, mission, mandate and strategy. Lead the HSB in harnessing data through a business driven data analytics strategy in support of the HSB strategy. Develop a techno savvy health services workforce through the provision of digital technologies; e- learning platforms, user skills training in the Microsoft suit of programs.
• Lead in the automation of key business process within the HSB
• Lead and support a high tech Human Resources Management Information System
• Direct and Manage all ICT-related Tasks throughout the Organization
• Identify and Implement New ICT Systems, Processes and Applications to Increase the
Health Service Board’s Operational Efficiency
• Maintain and Develop ICT Policy, Procedures, Reference Guides and Materials for the Health Service Board
• Spearhead the implementation and utilization of computerized Human Resources Management Information Systems (HRMIS) for the management of Human Resources in the Health Service.
• Manage the provision, maintenance and use of internet and E-mail services for the Health Service Board.
• Draft user specifications on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) equipment for purchase by the Health Service Board Procurement entity.
• Provide technical support (Trouble shooting, maintenance of ICT equipment, regular hardware and software upgrading and updating) within the Health Service Board.
• Facilitate repairs of the Health Service Board ICT equipment by external service providers.
• Maintain an up-to-date ICT Equipment Inventory Logbook.
• Manage the development of ICT initiatives within the Health Service Board.
• Evaluation of user needs and ICT systems functionalities.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
For appointment to this post, a candidate must have at least:
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Information Technology from a recognized Institution
• Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines :- Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering or Business Information Technology will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in relevant work;
• Member of an ICT professional body;
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 5 April 2019 to :
The Executive Director
Health Service Board Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P.Bag A6104 Avondale,
Created: March 17, 2019
Category: Ict, Design
Expiry Date: April 5, 2019