REGISTRY ASSOCIATE: CLIENT SERVICES
The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) (hereinafter referred to as "the Organization), is an intergovernmental Organization that grants and administers Intellectual Property titles on behalf of the member states and provides Intellectual Property information to its clientele in the boo of search services, publications and awareness creation. Membership of the Organization is open to all states members of the African Union (AU) or of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA). The present members of the Organization are: Botswana, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. (Total: 19 states)
The ARIPO Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment to the post of Registry Associate: Client Services at the General Service Category on a Fixed-term contract of two years, renewable, subject to satisfactory performance.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals only.
1. Manning the registry desk
2. Register incoming and outgoing documents
3. Despatch generated notifications in electronic and hard formats
4. Digitisation documents and uploading of notifications for despatch to designated States
5. Participate in the creation and maintenance of electronic registry archiving system
6. Proof reading of generated Certificate before despatch
7. Attending to client enquiries on all IP matters
8. Advising and explaining procedures to clients
9. Participating in capacity building activities
10. Perform delegated tasks
• Bachelor's degree in Records/Archives Management, Business Studies or Communication Studies
• A professional qualification such as IMM/CIM or good progress towards attainment of same would be an added advantage
• 3 years post qualification experience in a similar environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure while remaining adaptable and flexible
• Not more than 35 years of age Application Procedure:
Applicants should submit application letters, detailed curriculum vitae indicating pertinent personal data including marital status and dependants, two-passport size photographs and accompanied by certified copies of National ID, relevant educational and professional certificates and names and addresses of two referees by 25 March 2019.
Applications should be sent to:
The Director General
African Regional Intellectual Property Organization
11 Natal Road, Belgravia
PO Box 4228
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the ARIPO Office on official letterhead.
ARIPO does not charge a fee and neither does it use any agents at any stage of the recruitment process. The appointment is subject to a satisfactory United Nations type medical examination.
Created: March 14, 2019
Category: Journalism, Media, Library, Communications
Salary: Not Stated
Expiry Date: March 25, 2019