The officer will report to the Registrar.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitoring compliance in line with the Health Professions Act.
• Conduct compliance inspections to assess fitness to practice.
• Promote the Health Professions Act highlighting the statutory role of the Allied Health Practitioners Council.
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical and improper conduct by AHPCZ practitioners.
• Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerabilities and suggesting corrective action plans
• Monitoring the performance of the Compliance Program and suggesting appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
• Lead external communications in order to build the profile of Allied Health Council with partner organisations
• Interface with, practitioners, interns, educational institutions and stakeholders on registration requirements
• Maintain and develop internal communication links and processes with our practitioners
• Handle incoming complaints, comments enquiries and ensures that an appropriate response is given within the expected timeframe
• Ensure information on the website is accurate and up to date, and supports the work of the organisation
• Use social media applications creatively, including managing the organisation’s Facebook, Twitter and blog activity
• Produce regular written updates to practitioners to inform them about current activities
• Organise workshops, conferences, seminars for AHPCZ and produce publicity and promotional materials for all events and other external publications
• Engage the public on AHPCZ mandate and awareness campaigns
• Keep up to date with developments in compliance policies on health related issues, globally
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• University Degree in Marketing / Public Relations
• 3 years working experience in a compliance and liaison capacity
• Teamwork – Able to work effectively with others to deliver services, working flexibly to meet demands of the service
• Planning and organising – Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise workloads and achieve deadlines
• Communication –
• High level proficiency in report writing and communication skills (spoken, written and presentation)
• Clean class 4 driver’s licence
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and a detailed CV no later than Friday 8 March 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.