COSPE - COOPERATION FOR DEVELOPMENT
An international NGO with Headquarter in Italy and a local branch newly established in Zimbabwe (Harare)
IS LOOKING FOR AN:
ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL MANAGER in ZIMBABWE
For the management of the Inclusive Poultry Value Chain (IPVC) Development project, co-financed by the European Union (EU), in Zimbabwe, contract number FED/2018/403-186. The project has a budget of approximately 6 million Euros and a duration of 3 years (it has started on 1 February 2019). COSPE is the Team Leader of the consortium.
Duties and main responsibilities of the Admin and Financial Manager:
• Definition of guidelines and procedures for the administrative and financial management of the project for all partners, in coherence with the relevant PRAG of EU and adapting the organization's procedures to the situation in the country.
• Preparation and supervision of the annual financial plan for the project, according to the financial regulations stated in the partnership agreement and the activity work plan, including planning of expenditures and the requests of bank transfer from COSPE Headquarter to the dedicated project’s bank accounts of COSPE and partners.
• Opening, management and closing of COSPE bank current accounts, according to the internal procedures, and eventual proxy of signature to other staff for deposit, payments and withdrawing;
• Preparation, management and closure of contracts of COSPE local staff, in compliance with the laws and regulations of Zimbabwe and according to the decision of the Country Rep., and supervision of compliance to the administrative procedures and to the code of ethics for the human resources’ management of the partners;
• Management of COSPE assets in the countries, including purchase, transfers and/or sale, under authorization of Country Rep., in compliance with the regulations of the country and the EU PRAG;
• Registration of COSPE in the country and regular update of any related financial and administrative obligations as envisaged by the national authorities, in compliance with the laws of the country and under authorization of the Country Representative;
• Supervision of the correct bookkeeping, validity of the correct supporting documents and preparation of monthly administrative reports of COSPE expenses, bank reconciliations, registration of expenses in the NGO accounting system (NPS) and transmitting to COSPE HQ on bi-monthly basis;
• Supervision of the sound administrative management of the partners and approval of the six-monthly and annual administrative reports, including contracts and time sheets of the staff, tender procedures, administrative support documents, bank reconciliations, and any other necessary evidence of the project’s expenditures.
• Periodical analysis of the project’s level of expenditure, co-funding and any other specific critical issues and recommendations on the planning of the economic resources for an efficient management of the project, including preparation of eventual project’s amendment and contingency requests
• Ensuring that the contractual obligations and procedures laid down by the donor and COSPE are respected in all projects activities and offices.
• Control and supervision of administrative deadlines for the project
• Direct management of relationships with counterparts of EU, partners and relevant stakeholders
• Drafting of budget for new project proposals to guarantee the co-funding to the project and any other proposals of the NGO in the country
• University degree in business management, finance, economy, accounting, and relevant matters
• Knowledge and experience of accounting management systems
• Strong motivation to work in the non-profit sector;
• Excellent knowledge of English;
• Excellent knowledge of IT tools and applications in the accounting field;
• At least 5 years’ experience as Financial and Administrative Manager for cooperation development projects;
• In-depth knowledge of the financial and administrative procedures of the main donors of the international cooperation, and in particular of the European Union
• Relevant experience of administrative management of complex projects (by number of partners and budget of more than 1 million euro)
• Sharing of the COSPE mission, values, codes of conduct
• Work experience in Zimbabwe
• Knowledge of administrative laws and regulations in Zimbabwe
• Knowledge of the Italian language
• Knowledge and use of data base; computer programming ability
• Knowledge and use of quantitative and qualitative monitoring tools
• Relevant attitudinal skills, especially proven teamwork and problem solving
WORKPLACE: Harare (Zimbabwe)
STARTING AND DURATION OF THE CONTRACT: from February/March 2019, for 12 months (renewable till the 31 January 2022).
If interested, please send your CV in word format accompanied by a letter of introduction - in English - at the address firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the subject of the email "Adm Zimbabwe - 2019", no later than 24/02/2019.
The preselected candidates and candidates will be invited to an interview
No notification will be sent to non-pre-selected applications.
CVs not corresponding to the required requirements will not be considered.