Job Title Accountant
Company Cassava Smartech
Reporting To Financial Controller
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Country Zimbabwe
Location - Town / City Harare
Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent and qualified Accountant to join its Finance Team. The main purpose of the position is to prepare financial reports, management accounts and maintain accounting records.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a Commercial Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• Possession of a professional course in accounting is an added advantage
• 2-4 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Must be highly computer literate
Key Result Areas
• Prepares management accounts (monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annually) in line with set deadlines.
• Reviews and analyses operational (daily, weekly, monthly) financial and non -information to produce key performance indicators (KPI) for management decision making process.
• Prepares statutory financial reports that are accurate and compliant with IFRS.
• Establishes accounting and systems management of but not limited to the following; Oracle, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable.
• Prepares reports, schedules and files as requested by external and internal auditors.
• Implements appropriate accounting and internal control systems in liaison with Financial Controllers.
• Updates and uploads annual budgets and five year forecasts into financial reporting systems (Oracle & Hyperion) for the business units.
• Tracks the issue of inventory through sales and other means and receipts of inventory into stock.
• Prepares variance analysis for stocks and adjust stocks of in the system based on the reasons submitted.
• Prepares payments remittances to tax authorities based on prescribed due dates.
• Identifies developmental needs of subordinates and is responsible for conducting on the job training.
Created: February 14, 2019
Category: Accounting, Finance
Expiry Date: Feb. 14, 2019