Recruitment of Trustees for pigad
Partners for Integrated Growth and Development (pigad) is a duly registered Zimbabwean Development Trust (0000997/2014). The organization was established in 2014 and it is driven by the vision to empower communities through relief, rehabilitation and developmental programmes in both urban and rural communities.
Currently, pigad is implementing an agribusiness development intervention in Mashonaland East Province with a targeted outreach of 3000 smallholder poultry farmers, producing and marketing around 90.000-100.000 eggs per day. The programme is being facilitated by Help from Germany, supported and financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
pigad also offers consultancy services in agribusiness and Farming as a Family Business trainings, research, business development, internal savings and lending schemes, and evaluations (baseline/mid/end) for livelihoods programmes.
pigad is currently recruiting enthusiastic and committed trustees to join our current Board. New trustees will be recruited with a range of skill sets (Accounting/finance, Law, Development studies amongst other professions) to govern the institution effectively and to support the staff team.
Board meetings are generally held at least 4 times per year, but trustees will be expected to take a full and active role on the Board and to participate in the activities of pigad if need be. The role of pigad’s Board of Trustees includes the following responsibilities (not an exhaustive list):
• Ensuring pigad’s policies and practice are in line with its vision, aims and objectives and its
Deed of Trust.
• Ensuring the organisation complies with regulatory and statutory requirements with a commitment to the development and implementation of good practice.
• Exercising overall control over the organisation’s financial affairs including approving plans and budgets and monitoring risk exposure.
• Having a good working knowledge of pigad and maintaining good links with the organisation through regular contact with the management and visits to programmes.
• Assisting the management team to secure a sustainable and diverse funding base for the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have innovative ideas and be able to think creatively as to utilizing resources in the most effective way.
Successful applicants will be expected to have:
• A belief in the vision, mission and values of pigad
• The time and commitment to fully contribute to the governance & strategic role of the Board
• The ability to attend Board meetings every quarter (held in Harare)
• A positive open-minded approach
• Strong networking capabilities
• A passion for team working, problem solving, decision making and asking difficult
While this will be a challenging role, it is also an exciting opportunity for you to play a significant part in the growth of this young and prospective organization.
How to apply
To express an interest in becoming a Trustee please email a CV and a brief covering letter (no more than one side of A4) to email@example.com highlighting your relevant expertise and what interests you about becoming a Trustee with pigad. If you have any specific questions about the role, please send us an email.
All applications will be given consideration by the Board of Trustees. We keep a list of interested applicants for other Trustee and Committee roles that may emerge at a later date – thank you for your interest.
Deadline: Thursday 28 February 2019
Remuneration: The Board of Trustees are not entitled to a salary/allowance. Reasonable travel and expenses will be covered.
Created: February 11, 2019
Category: Strategic, Business Management, Consultancy
Expiry Date: Feb. 28, 2019